Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches: Hugs and Butterflies

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Timko and here’s what I did with it!
 
Hugs in a Flower Garden


I happened to be organizing my flower dies (I think I like organizing my stuff as much as I love creating with my stuff!)  I had the Hero Arts Flower Garden background die out on my desk and it occurred to me that I could use a piece of it for the gray section of the sketch. A happy accident! 

I tried a number of sentiments but I ended up liking the look of the Hugs (by PhotoPlay) with the Flower Garden. Then I had used this little butterfly by Birch Press on last week's card but he really seemed to fit on this week's card too. (There's a bigger butterfly in the set but this little guy is a great accent.)

Hugs in a Flower Garden

My husband is heading out today to be with his mother through another surgery.  That's three times that he's been there since November plus his sister-in-law had to help her through an emergency problem. There's so little I can do, but I do inundate her with cards - at least twice a month and often weekly since she went into hard lock down during COVID.  I've known her for a long time and it's possible the sheer number of cards might even be a little annoying to her; I'm sure she rolls her eyes and thinks that I should have better things to do (like clean my house!)  I'm betting a lot of you can relate to our relationship! But I also know these cards fill her mantle so she sees them every day. I figure this cheerful "hugs" card will go out soon after this surgery. (I sent a number of "feel better" cards with my husband to use as needed over the next week.)

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Hero Arts Flower Garden, Photoplay Say It With Stamps Hug/Hugs, Birch Press Simple Butterfly Contoured Layered

Paper: Doodlebug Designs Buffalo Check-Woodgrain-Rainbow Petite Prints, Stampin' Up Groovy Guava

3 comments:

  1. Your happy little accident turned out great! Love the addition of the polka dots and butterfly. Hope all goes well for your mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect way to send healing wishes! Love the diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an amazing daughter in law! I'm sure your mother in law loves these cards! This one is so fun and so pretty! Love the colours and that fabulous die cut! Those polka dots are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!