Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Snowy Forest

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jacquie and here’s what I did with it! 

FMS 8.4.21

When I saw all of that open space, I looked at my embossing folders and/or dies that created entire scenes for the background.  Since I was making this card on Saturday which was still Christmas in July(!), I ended up with this snowy forest background.

I had stamped and cut the sentiment for an earlier card but I ended up not using it. Happily, it fit so nicely in the center of the scene on this card. Then I just added some classic plaid, a little sparkle and a little twine bow!

8.4.21 FMS flat

The Hallmark Channel now officially says "Christmas in July" is over!!  I actually like their Christmas movies in July - if nothing else, it feels like an escape from the heat!  Sadly I'm a little tired of them by December when they start them again in October.  But for the past month, they provided a nice background for Christmas card-making!

I hope to see you playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Waffle Flower Wonderful Christmas stamps and dies

Dies: Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes

Paper: Memory Box Christmas Plaid, Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow

Ink: Stampin' Up Mossy Meadow

Other: Memory Box Snowy Forest Embossing Folder

11 comments:

  1. Such pretty background embossing! And I love the bit of plaid you added! Beautiful holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this! What a wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I just got this WF set, and can't wait to use it on every card! Just love your embossed panel - what a beauty!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for the sketch, Kim! Lots of texture for a nice layered winter scene...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallmark was showing Christmas movies in July?!? Guess I missed that and will have to wait until Halloween now. I love your card though. Those shades of green are lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you framed this great sentiment, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just gorgeous Kim! I just love that embossed background and that sentiment! The colours are fabulous too! Perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! I love the sentiment and the embossed scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect use of that open space! I love this embossing folder! What a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made all these companies' products work beautifully together! Such a fabulous card with great texture and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this combination of colours for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!