Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: Just Because

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it!
 
8.18.21 FMS side

I noticed the "any shape" on this card so I started flipping through my not-yet-used dies looking for anything I could add to the corner. I found the Simon Says Autumn Splendor die and it had a vaguely triangular shape. I cut it in white, then took further inspiration from the sketch and added a true triangular shape behind the leaves but in a strip of colors.  Because the die had the word "autumn" in it, I used a couple of bright colors (the daffodil and mango) and then toned it down with pumpkin and some subtle greens (succulent and evergreen).

It took me awhile to decide on a sentiment. I started out thinking about my Thanksgiving card stash but after trying a number of appropriate sentiments, nothing caught my eye.  Then I looked through Simon Says sentiments (I like keeping things within the same company, but only because it typically narrows down my search for sentiments!) This "just because" popped out at me right away as the right size then it definitely because the correct choice when I realized I could drop a bit of the leaf into it and "connect" the sections!!

8.18.21 FMS

Have you all noticed that we are sketch 499?!  That means 500 next week!  It will be an exciting week!

I hope to see you playing along with us!

SUPPLY LIST

Dies: Simon Says Stamp: Autumn Splendor and Just Because

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen

10 comments:

  1. Love the fall colors in your design - it will be here before you know it! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the strips of paper under those pretty die cuts! Wonderful card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 500? Oh I'll so want to play along! Your beautiful #499 is looking really Autumnal and what a great time of year to send a pretty just because card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've interpreted this sketch! The colorful striped corners are fabulous with the white outline leaves. And the bold sentiment is perfect in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous Kim! I love the colours and those pretty leaves! This just screams fall at me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a total wow card! From the colours to the die-cuts to that fabulous sentiment - it's all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and that colour combo is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant take on the sketch. I just love this color scheme and those gorgeous dainty diecuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dies are awesome and the coloured stripes are a great way to accentuate the triangular shapes of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire the way you think out a card. If only I could be half that good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!