Monday, December 7, 2020

The Greetery: Birthday Blooms

I have been in love with the font in The Greetery's Birthday Blooms set and I finally got the set on their recent sale.  Don't get me wrong - the flowers are gorgeous - but it came home to my stash because of the font!!  I decided to use the entire set on a birthday card for a dear friend.  And I'm quite certain you'll be seeing the sentiments on many future cards!

12.8.20 The Greetery side

I have a new camera (more commonly known as a phone!)  For my card photography, I have been using my very old, but very high-quality DSLR camera.  It doesn't even have an automatic focus lens - nor does it automatically transfer photos.  So I'd take a number of pictures (because maybe 1 out of 10 was in focus), pull out the memory card, stick into the SD card attachment of my computer. The computer isn't as old as the camera, but it's not new. It's quite shocking it's still working and actually not too badly except for a few things, like loading photos!!  So after I'd insert the SD card, I'd go shower - or cook dinner - and by the time I was done, the photos were loaded so that I could see if there was at least one clear photo that I liked.  If not, I'd start the whole process over.

12.8.20 The Greetery

Now I have a new phone that I picked specifically for the quality of its camera. Plus the fact that I take the photo and - poof - it's on my computer.  Dealing with the photos on this post didn't lessen my enjoyment of the entire cardmaking process as it had been beginning to prior to the new phone!!!  I still have some playing to do.  I'm sure by setting a few defaults on the phone or adjusting the lighting in my photo area, etc. - it will all get even easier!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: The Greetery Birthday Blooms

Dies: The Greetery Birthday Blooms, Sentiment Suite: Basics

Paper: Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce, Terracotta Tile

Ink: Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce, Mint Macaron, Terracotta Tile, Calypso Coral

Other: Studio Katia Persimmon Pearls, Stampin' Up Brick & Mortar Embossing Folder.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!