Monday, December 14, 2020

Color Throwdown: Snow Much Love

 I have exactly three more Christmas cards to make - my 21-year old son and my two tween/teen nieces. I have to admit to being somewhat out of ideas for all of them.  For one of my nieces, I wanted to use the Mama Elephant Snow Much Love die but I wasn't sure what to do with it.  They are both too old for cutesy, but too young for serious.  When I saw this week's challenge at the Color Throwdown - specifically the colorful graphic - a light bulb came on.

Color Throwdown Snow Much

I did get carried away because the challenge was really only three colors from the graphic - and I kind of used them all.  I probably shouldn't be posting, but this was definitely my inspiration and I always try to give credit!


It's such a terrible time to take photos.  The sun is too low in the sky to hit my craft room window and although I have a decent artificial light, it can wash out the detail.  The sentiment on my card is actually very glittery paper. The glitter and the colors will be just perfect for teen/tween niece!!

Color Throwdown Snow Much sentiment

I have so many more Christmas stamps and dies to use, but I'm kind of burning out.  It's getting time to relax and enjoy the peace of the season.  I do have a start on a card for my 21-year old and I have a stamp picked out for my other niece so I'm almost there!!  It is fun that Christmas card challenges run all year long so I'm not putting those unused stamps and dies too far away.

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Mama Elephant Big Snow Much Love, Honey Bee Stamps Layering Snowflakes, Trinity Stamps Wonky Stitched Wilderness
Paper: Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist, Mango Melody and Flirty Flaming, Taylored Expressions Toffee and Cupcake, the glitter white is from Michaels

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card, Kim! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Color Throwdown this week and this whole year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful and looks perfect for either of your nieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!