Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches: A Butterfly Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell and here’s what I did with it!

FMS Butterfly Hello

I love the texture of that background die so that was an obvious choice for me.  Then I saw that label die in the set - the hint of stitching and the scalloped edges are so sweet.  Of course, right now it's all about cheerful cards so I added a brightly colored butterfly.

Here's my inspiration...


Can you believe I took that splatter and still made the card fairly regular and clean?  I really struggle with splatter - even with stamps!  I do have multiple stamp sets to give me that look but it didn't even cross my mind to use them. I should have - it's supposed to be a challenge!!  But I was still inspired by the sketch and I do have a general shape in the background and that's what it really is all about.  Be inspired - and have fun!!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Stampin' Up Butterfly Gala, Honey Bee ("hello")
Dies and Punches: Stampin' Up Stitched Labels Framelits and Butterfly Duet Punch
Ink: Copics Y35 and Y38 to match Mango Melody, YR04 and YR16 for the richer orange
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Mango Melody

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spatters or no spatters, Kim, your work always inspires me! I love the textured die background as it fits in perfectly with the pretty butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background die is wonderful! Adds beautiful texture behind that lovely monarch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this card Kim! Love that diecut background and the gorgeous butterfly! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! LOVE the die cut background and your beautiful butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simple but so pretty & genius using the diecut background instead of a splash

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see this die, I love it. What a beauty this is, Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!