Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches: Scribble Posies

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Brum and here’s what I did with it!

FMS Scribble Posies



I had just ordered these scribble dies with a leaf that was big enough for the banner.  And I had the big sentiment in my not-yet-used stash.  It was meant to be!!  I did struggle a bit with the flower center.  Sometimes it amuses me what part of a card gives me trouble - and how long I can obsess over it.  There's actually a scribble die to go on the center too - so I tried the same coral colors, then I reversed them, I tried black and white, then just black and just white, I tried brown, I tried brown with dots of sparkle - my desk was littered with flower centers and the scribble part.  I waste so much paper because I cannot visualize; I have to see it.  At this point, I can't remember where the idea for copper came from.  Even with that, after I had it there, I walked away from my desk for awhile but glanced every time I walked by and it seemed good.  I'm actually liking it better as I'm looking at the picture.

I hope to see you playing along this week and if you have any flower centers, may you obsess less than I did!

SUPPLY LIST
Dies: Memory Box Scribble Leafy Branch Outline, Scribble Posies Background and Scribble Posies Outline, Hello Bluebird Happy Birthday Words
Paper: My Favorite Things Coral Crush and Peach Bellini, Taylored Expressions Cilantro, Stampin' Up Pear Pizzazz and their older coordinating dsp, Copper
Sequins: Neat & Tangled Copper Penny

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great card Kim! I just love that flower and the big sentiment! The colours are so pretty and I love your creative take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My desk may look like yours - I often cut things out in 3 or 4 colors! I have to see things together! Luckily my granddaughter shows up and uses those bits and pieces! I love the colors you ended up with and the diecuts are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These dies are just perfect for the sketch! I love this. Funny what happens when we look at things too long...I think this is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card, Kim! I love so much this sweet color combination and how you created the sentiment using both negative and positive die-cutting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!