Friday, January 18, 2019

Taylored Expressions: Celebrate with Rosettes

I often create cards and stash them away, but it's funny how rarely I dive into that stash because when it's for a special friend or occasion, I want to think of them while I create a unique card with just them in mind.  That's today's card.

My friend loves cardmaking - so I wanted the card to showcase something special and unique.  I quickly settled on the Rosette Cutting Plate.  I love the fresh and clean look of this die.  Then I stared at it for quite awhile trying to decide what I could do that might be unique for my fellow cardmaker.  One of the many ideas that ran through my mind was to fill in the dies with paper - then I realized what would be fresh and clean would be to just fill in one flower!

Taylored Expressions Rosette

I love how this turned out.  After I filled the single flower, it needed something bold for the sentiment - so settled on the Celebrate Script and added the black banner.  I played around with watercoloring or sponging the background.  I liked the attempts but wanted to keep the fresh, white look so just added some embossed polka dots.

Taylored Expressions Rosette

I found the perfect inside sentiment in The Inside Scoop - Birthday then actually got a little giddy when I remembered that there was a Bloomers die that matched the Rosette flowers.  I don't often decorate my insides - I don't know why, it's extra special when I see other people do it.  But I definitely wanted an extra special card so I added the flower plus an open leaf from another Bloomers set. A simple little touch that made a big difference!

Taylored Expressions Rosette

Hey friend - I know you watch my blog.  I hope you have received this card already.  I miss our coffee time, let me know next time you are in Parker!!

SUPPLY LIST

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I LOVE the colors you chose to use. That cover plate is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this! That single polka dot bloom is just the sweetest. Your friend will cherish this Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous....love how you highlighted a single flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the elements you chose are just right for this card! You certainly kept the simplicity of the cover plate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!