Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches: Sweet Tulip

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and I created it!


I came up with this sketch because of a die that I had just gotten.  It feels a little like cheating to have a head start!! But I actually get a little nervous when it's my turn to come up with the sketch because I want everybody to enjoy it - so I have to have some sort of plan as to whether the sketch will work.  Having the die in front of me told me I could make it work!

FMS Have Faith

I think this little tulip is just charming.  I layered it up three times, then I used a couple of different Doodlebug 6x6 pads so I had coordinating colors in a variety of different patterns.  With all of the patterns, I put the sentiment on black so it would stand out.  I have a tough time using black just for the sentiment because I feel like it's not balanced, so I added a few Doodlebug Sprinkles and a baker's twine bow.  The sentiment is also Simon Says - I thought the encouraging words worked with the sweet tulip and cheery colors.

I hope to see you playing along - I look forward to browsing the gallery and being inspired by all the entirely different cards that are based on the same sketch.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Simon Says Stamp You Got This
Die: Simon Says Stamp Sweet Tulip
Cardstock: Doodlebug Designs Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Prints and Dot-Grid-Daisy-Stripe Rainbow Petite Prints
Other: Doodlebug Beetle Black Glitter Sprinkles

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and great sketch. I love the pretty die cut and the way you filled it with different prints. Great colors, so fresh and springy. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you pieced together that sweet tulip die-cut! Your color combo and mix of patterns is so fresh and fun, and the touches of black are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny that I am looking at this card today because I have just been sitting at my desk making a card with that tulip die!! I LOVE the fun way you used pattern papers on this and I think I might have to do a little bit of CASEing of you. FABULOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this dose of spring, it sure helps to chase some of this cold away! Pretty card Kim and a terrific sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sketch and I love how many ways we all interpreted it! And your new die cut is to die for 😊. Love the white outline! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely LOVE this card! It WILL be Spring someday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the patterned paper to showcase the background and the die cut flower. So crisp and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this, the colours and the white die cut with that pop of black. It all works brilliantly xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card Kim! I just love that sweet tulip and the fun patterned paper! Beautiful sentiment as well! Thankful a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kim,

    Your card screams SPRING! Its like a fresh bold garden and so very welcome this time of the year. So Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is gorgeous, Kim! Every one of your cards is a masterpiece and this one is no exception! And perfect use of patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful, Kim! Fabulous die-cut and such pretty papers. And you gave us a great sketch - angled panels and all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!