Thursday, March 22, 2018

Taylored Expressions: Give Me a Sign

The charming little animals holding signs in the Taylored Expressions stamp set, Give Me a Sign, have been calling my name since they first came out but I've never had an excuse to use them.  I still don't have an excuse(!) - but they looked at me while I was paging through my stamp drawer and it amazed me what sad eyes they gave me because they hadn't seen ink yet.  Here they are!  Don't they look happier now?!

Taylored Expressions Give Me a Sign

I knew I had banner dies big enough to hold them so I started with the idea of three simple banners on a horizontal card, but as I started playing with colors and patterns, I came up with this random grouping of banners.  I pulled out my favorite bright color combo - bright orange, turquoise and green (the green is a scrap from Doodlebug Design's At the Zoo 6x6 pad) which all pops particularly well on kraft.  I cut a variety of banners and adhered them with different thicknesses of dimensional adhesive. 

The background was first embossed with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder - I picked that because I needed a simple, small pattern and I thought it looked a bit like fencing!  I also had matching enamel stars to give it even more of a celebratory look. 

Taylored Expressions Give Me a Sign

I am even more in love with these guys now that I've used them.  Besides the three critters, there's a raccoon, a fox and a bear - and there are five other sentiments!  I'm sure they will all see ink soon!

SUPPLY LIST


7 comments:

  1. They do look happier!! This is really cute Kim. I like the layered banners and happy colors. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my word!! How CUTE!!! I LOVE this fun card!! Your design is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know how that is...I've got a set that needs ink, but haven't had the time lately! These are mighty cute critters, Kim. Perfect colors for your banners, and that 'fencing' embossing folder is perfect for this zoo! You always make such fun cards! Hope all is well with you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie card! Love the combo used and color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these little guys are cute! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, your critters look much happier, now that they've had a play date! Such fun to place them on the banners; I'm especially taken with the 'jungle' leaves...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!