Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: Caring Daisies

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by me!!


I put together this sketch with a long strip specifically for all the straight, simple sentiments that are coming out - then lots of open space for your imagination.  I add the circle (or any shape or stamp) to suggest that you keep it all to one side.  I love slightly off-kilter cards.

There is nothing unique or new about this card - but I so love the pop of fresh white and yellow daisies on a kraft background.  I think I do the same combination every single year when spring starts to appear!

FMS Always Care

I started out with the daisies and my intent was to do a bank of daisies (thus the reason I did a circle on my sketch).  But right next to the daisy dies in my binder was the die with the stem/leaves and I realized a bit of bright spring green would be a great addition.  I added a bit of texture to fill up the background, a few sparkly sequins and a sweet sentiment - done!!

I hope to see you playing along!  I am in awe of the creativity on display in our players' gallery each week!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: My Favorite Things (MFT) More Essential Sentiments
Dies: MFT Gerbera Daisy, Simon Says Stamps Radiant Sunflower (just the stem), MFT Blueprints 13 (the stitched edge)
Cardstock: MFT Lemon Drop, Sour Apple, Kraft, Gravel Gray
Embossing Folder: Taylored Expressions Dotted Lattice

11 comments:

  1. I love these happy daisies! The pierced yellow centers are so fun. This is a great sketch, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! LOVE that embossed background...I keep forgetting to use those suckers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am ready to see some daisies for sure! This is so sweet! Loved the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing catch up Kim, love the pretty cards I've missed. The daisies on this one are extra sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love how these daisies take the place of the big circle on the sketch! What a FANTASTIC idea! This card has all the things I love: texture, kraft, gray, and some pretty pops of color. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a fabulous sketch to play with Kim - what a great way to make use of those long sentiments. Your daisies are just perfect and I love the textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this card Kim! Those daisies are just perfect and so happy looking! The embossed background is just perfect! Love that sentiment too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful fresh and clean card, Kim! The daisies do look fabulous against the kraft background. Thanks for a fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Kim! Love the trio of daisies! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this card as soon as I saw it in the gallery! You totally nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. KIM! *waving wildly* Remember me? Time to catch up on your fabulous gallery; I've been away far too long (although all cards have been seen and swooned over). A lovely trio of sunny daisies that really pop against the embossed kraft background. Hoping we'll see some blooms around here soon; winter seems to be hanging on tightly...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!