Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches: A Butterfly Hello

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle.


I was feeling like spring colors and butterflies today.  I don't know why - I actually love winter and unlike so many other areas this year, we've had an easy one (and I live in Colorado - go figure!)  Although now that I'm writing this post and realizing the date - I should have gone with hearts!  Happy Valentine's Day!

FMS Butterfly Hello

I started with a big butterfly and then as I continued looking through my index of dies, I saw this round one.  The round die actually has a butterfly on it, but I wanted dimension so I trimmed out that butterfly and added a layered butterfly.  The dies and stamps are from Taylored Expressions.

I liked this idea enough that I actually broke out some of the papers that I've hoarded for just the right time.  It's a 6x6 pad called Park Bench by Fancy Pants and I don't see that it exists anywhere anymore.  The brownish gray tones in it pair well with Stampin' Up's Sahara Sand paper and ink.

Be sure to check out the rest of the design team at the Freshly Made Sketches.  There are definitely hearts for today but also snowflakes to tropical scenes!!  Then I hope to see you play along!

SUPPLY LIST

12 comments:

  1. Butterflies are good any time of year. And I love this one. As for that hoarded pad of paper, I s!till have some of that same one in my hoarded stash. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim! I love this layout and the color scheme you used!!! Can I ask what color/brand that grey cardstock is? I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is ever so lovely Kim! I like that sweet floral paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, love it!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love those die cuts! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that paper pad and love it. Yo have used it fabulously and love your take on the sketch. This shouts spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The white elements of the die-cuts really pop against those gorgeous colors. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Kim. I love all the elements and the strip of your hoarded DSP really brings out the colors. Love your take on the sketch. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty Kim! I love that circle and butterfly! The paper is so sweet and and reminds me of spring! Oh how I long for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HaHa hearts are overrated! I love butterflies and you've made an amazing card using one. The colors are so pretty and the clean lines on this card are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kim, this is just gorgeous and those colours are perfect together. I am loving this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are this are just perfect! I love the butterfly so much and this die is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!