Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Nautical Sympathy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda.


As soon as I saw this sketch, I also saw the card in my mind's eye.  A dear friend recently lost her father.  In a tribute to him, she posted a beautiful picture of him on a boat which she said had been his happy place.  I had all of this in my mind when I saw the sketch and I knew I could put together nautical images on a clean and fresh card to send her my sympathy.

FMS Nautical Sympathy


The nautical set is Strong Anchor from Verve stamps.  It didn't have a sympathy stamp so I used a sentiment from New Mercies.  However, it has a lovely stamp for the inside "This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. Hebrews 16:9".   He is the anchor!

To my friend: I am so sorry that you are likely seeing this on my post before you receive it.  I have no excuses for not getting this in the mail.  I've enjoyed our conversations and wish we were closer for a hug and a relaxing cup of tea on your dock.  I hope you can find time to rest and refresh amidst all of the decisions.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Verve Strong Anchor, New Mercies
Dies: Verve Nautical Die Set, Taylored Expression Rectangle Stitched Stacklets
Paper: Simon Says Fog, Taylored Expressions Toffee, MME Wood Necessities
Ink: Taylored Expression Toffee, Simon Says Cobblestone and Sparrow, Versamark (with white embossing powder)
Sequins: Cartwright Clearly Beloved (from Simon Says Stamp)

14 comments:

  1. A masculine sympathy card... Wow, those can be tough but this one is just perfect. I love it, and I am sure your friend did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love how you personalize your cards, and this one is another example of how perfectly you do it. A beautiful card, Kim! So sorry for your friend's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolute perfection. Wonderful design, paper, color and element choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the neutrals, this is lovely Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sympathy card, lovely that it is very personal to the recipient
    Hugs Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Kim! I always think of Navy blue and red for nautical but I'm loving the neutrals you chose. Very peaceful and comforting for your friend. So sorry for her loss. Such a nice sentiment inside from your heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely done in soft neutrals! The nautical theme seems so appropriate in this case. Beautifulky done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kim, this is such a beautiful card and what a great tribute to your friend's dad. I'm sure she will love this card. Love the nautical theme and the neutral colours. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty!! LOVE the stamps you used on this. Your layering is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful card for your friend. I am sure she will appreciate the special attention it took to make this card in tribute to her father. It's got wonderful clean lines and the neutral colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous, Kim!! Way to flash the Verve too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a special card, Kim. The details big and small are simply wonderful. This card is sure to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so beautiful, Kim! Beautifully executed and it has such a serene feel. I'm sure your friend will treasure this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your friend will be deeply touched by your card paying homage to her dad's love for his boat and things nautical. The neutral colours are soothing. Perfect card to express your sympathy...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!