Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Up, Up & Away

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! This week's sketch is by...me!!


When I put the sketch together, I had an entirely different idea in my mind.  I'm not a huge patterned paper user although I own way more than my fair share.  It's not that I don't love the paper, but for me, it just adds another element that has to match - in color, style, "weight", etc. - and it all adds stress to my cardmaking!  I thought this sketch would be a perfect way to add three small strips of pattern!  But check it out - do you see patterned paper in my strips?  Nope!!  When the chips were down - I stuck with white!

FMS Up Up

I hope that I've given you a couple of ideas for the sketch - patterned paper strips or clouds!!  I'd love to see you playing along and then take time to browse the gallery.  It is a learning experience and also so much fun to see what everybody else does with exactly the same sketch.

SUPPLY LIST



13 comments:

  1. You're so funny! The white looks good here! And I always think it's good to stick with what you like and what works best for you! And this card is adorable! Those clouds are sweet behind your balloon! Great paper choices in my world. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. great take on the sketch Kim! Such a fun card! Thank you for the inspiration! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome sketch!! I LOVE your interpretation of it. That balloon is FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well those clouds are terrific as your "element of three"! I love this with the bright balloon! Thanks for a fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card, love the balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card!!! I love your sketch and your take on it! Super fun!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a happy card! I love the colors and the white clouds as your three stripes. Fun sketch, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card doesn't need strips of patterned paper to look fabulous! Thanks for the great sketch and sorry I accidentally flipped it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great card Kim! I love those clouds and the super cheery balloon! So fun! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you stuck with white. It always looks amazing in your hands!!! (and I get it....I promised myself to use tape or DSP...but no...) This is such a fun and happy card. Thanks for a super sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for putting a voice to why I don't use patterned paper as often as the size of my stash of it says I should: unwanted stress! Your card shows us quite clearly why three of something is perfectly fine when it's done in white! The hot air balloon floatig among the clouds is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this card and the scene you've created! Such a cool sketch Kim - I totally had fun making my card with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!