Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: Hello There

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Linda.


I have no idea where this card came from!  I could have used two butterflies, or two flowers, or two hearts - there are so many options with this sketch.  Maybe it's the beautiful weather - but I immediately knew I wanted a park bench.  I added a pine tree to make this a park bench in a small town in our Colorado Rockies.  I think I have spring fever and need to do some hiking!  

FMS A Park Bench

The bench has three layers to give it some dimension and I rubbed the edges in white to give it a bit a wooden appearance.  My squirrel is pop-dotted.  A few yellow sequins for sunshine. The frame keeps it all together!  

Such a fun and flexible sketch - I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

SUPPLY LIST


13 comments:

  1. Wherever it came from, it is perfect! Love these die cuts! Such a fun card and I love the framing detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white on white frame, Kim! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'ping' idea is fantastic! A little scene that has sparked a desire to go hiking in me as well. Now...if only the weather would cooperate!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready for spring too.....loving the bench and tree with the squirrel! The perfect spot to relax! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous little scene, Kim! And it has such an outdoorsy feel to it that I think maybe you are ready to go for a hike :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on this sketch! You've inspired me to join in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute scene! I love these images together. And I love how you've framed it all so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous card! I love the little scene you've created - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Kim! I love that bench and the sweet little squirrel! Love the sequins too! Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This little scene puts me in mind of spring for sure! A squirrel sitting on a park bench in the woods with the sun shining in the background - I'd love to see this on a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your border detailing is beyond lovely and elegant! Thanks for sweetly choosing my card in the picks lineup! Have a lovely rest of the week Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!