Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Taylored Expressions: Inspired by Pinterest

Taylored Expressions maintains a fabulous array of Pinterest Boards sorted by product and some by theme.  It's a fabulous source of inspiration and the Baker's Dozen design team is tasked with showing you how we were inspired by a card.  I fell in love with Amy's card found here.





I love Amy's use of tags and doilies and chevron paper on a gift bag.  I was inspired by her colors and the soft look of the doilies and vellum, and so much more!  I love learning from other cardmakers.  I had all of the soft colors out but my card wasn't working.  Then I realized that Amy's simple use of a black reinforced hole gave the card depth - so I added my black tag.  That small touch added such interest. I also didn't originally have any wood veneer out, but as I studied Amy's card I loved the added texture. I can't begin to compare to the wonderful detail and texture of Amy's card, but here's how I was inspired.

Sketched Bloom Thanks

The flower comes from one of those simple must-have sets, Sketched Blooms.  It's just six simple flowers but can work from anything to softly colored sympathy cards to bright and cheerful celebration cards.

Sketched Bloom Close Up

Amy is a fabulous artist, be sure to check out the rest of her work at Pickled Paper Designs.

SUPPLY LIST

The paper is from the scrap bin.  The tag is from Carta Bella Hello Again 6x6 pad.  The backside of the brick paper is a Christmas pattern and the scrap had the Allison Kreft Designs logo on it. The butterfly is in a wood veneer set from Michaels.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the flower image and the soft turquoise colour you used on it. Lovely accent with the butterfly and yeah for pops of black - they fix everything LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've translated the details you love from Amy's card into an a gem of your own! The turquoise flower is so eye-catching; the butterfly and snippet of black the perfect accessories. So incredibly pretty!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW LOVELY!!! Beautiful design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that delicate little bloom, this is wonderful Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!