Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Wondrous Wreath and the Changing Seasons

It is always hard for me to let go of autumn.  I love the colors and the stamps and the patterns.  I like winter too, don't get me wrong...but fall is the very best.  I purchased Stampin' Up's Wondrous Wreath set and I've wanted to use it for a fall card before I start using it for Christmas cards.  So today I decided, "why not both?"

My first card uses the current Deconstructed Sketch.  As I was just doing the link, I noticed the wide border on the sketch.  I wish I would have noticed it earlier because I think it would have been very good on  my card. I'm also using the colors at Fab Friday.  I'm a big fan of Crushed Curry and I really liked Blackberry Bliss when it came out, but I haven't even opened the package.  I like adding a little sparkle to my fall cards because I love the frost in the air.  So after I stamped the Cajun Craze leaves, I stamped again in Versamark, then used Heat & Stick Powder and glitter to add the sparkle.

Wondrous Wreath Thanksgiving





Now I'm moving to Christmas! The challenge at Festive Friday is what caused me to bring out the Wondrous Wreath set. Obviously, the inspiration includes a wreath, but I also loved the neutral lines throughout the chair.  The card itself is 4" wide so the wreath can stick out another 1/4" and still fit in a standard envelope.

Wondrous Wreath Christmas






AUTUMN WREATH

12 comments:

  1. What a great demonstration that the same image can be used for such different cards! I couldn't possibly choose a favorite because I love them both (especially the sparkly bits)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both REALLY pretty! I was stopping to more closely study the first fall one and then got a bonus wow with the holiday one. Very nice job. Great designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh that's a cute wreath!! These are both wonderful cards Kim. Great idea to show how versatile the image is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first card definitely captures the crisp autumn feeling you ( and I) love so much! Love the warm colorcombo in combo with the twine and woodembossing as background. :-)
    Ah, your second card, simple and warm. Love the offset placed wreath on your card..... it doesn't happen often I believe for you to have embellies or other things 'sticking out' of your cards. :-) But I love the effect it has on this one!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. The weather is still very mild over here in the Netherlands, about 11 degrees Celsius. Not freezing cold yet, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both simply stunning! I love the subtle effect of the stencilled lines on your second card - I'll definitely CASE that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these are beautiful cards! That wreath is so pretty in the fall and in the winter version! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever - I love that offset wreath - a great idea for adding interest! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your cards are wonderful showcases of the wreath's seasonal versatility! Such pretty cards, both...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a number of wreath stamps/dies and never thought to do a fall one. I am going to try that tonight. Love that the wreath hangs off the edge on the Christmas card. They're both terrific, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both projects are beautiful, Kim. I particularly love how you used the colors in the first wreath. So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with this week's Fab Friday sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sparkle on the Cajun Craze leaves is great....I always have in my mind that this color is masculine and what a great way to bring it over to the feminine side for me! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!