Friday, November 14, 2014

Taylored Expressions: Hi Hey Hello

A few days ago, I posted a sneak peek of a project that I did for Taylored Expressions.  Hopefully, you headed over to their blog to get all of the details, but just in case you didn't, here it all is!  If you didn't head over to their blog - do it now - because there is a PRIZE available!  Just leave a comment indicating the last person you called just to say "hello" and you could win the flower set and the die set from my card!

I adore sentiment dies and it doesn't get much better than the Hi Hey Hello die set with its simple script sentiments (and also a fun phone and banners!) I layered them up so I could use each of them on one card. It's also easy to tuck a sentiment die next to a fun floral for a quick card, and the little flower the The Little Things works perfectly for this.

Hi Hey Hello

Here's the layered up sentiments.  The bottom layer is a negative die cut backed by some glittered paper.

Hi Hey Hello Sentiment

The other must-have set for any collection is a set of paint strokes. Besides being used for wonderful artistic cards, they are perfect for grounding other images.  Without the paint strokes, the flowers on this card would appear to float, but with the paint strokes, they are happily sitting atop a small hill.  The set Stroke of Genius includes the perfect sized paint strokes to build a small hill! I layered up three of the stamps on this hill.  The top two are in the same color but where they overlap you get a slightly darker stroke.

Hi Hey Hello Ground

The Taylored Expressions products used on this card are:

7 comments:

  1. Cheering and applauding your new role this month, Kim - and what an impressive, smile-making, day-brightening card you've created with TE products. The layered sentiments, the paint stroke grass (only brilliant), the sweet flowers and bees = immensely delightful. I commented on the TE blog that my most 'recent' Hello call was to my mom, last night. I miss her...Seeing your card is cheering me up!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous !! The layered sentiment is an amazing idea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is just FUN!! Love the whimsical images and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous. Love how you used the green "paint" at the bottom of the card as grass!!! I also love the fun sparkle. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!