Sunday, November 30, 2014

Merry Monday: Red, Green and White

This week's challenge at Merry Monday is to use the classic colors red, green and white.  While I have been having a lot of fun going with non-traditional colors, or with wintery colors, it is fun to get back to a classic color scheme.  I also had a fun surprise in my mailbox yesterday when I got back from Thanksgiving in the mountains (actually I had four fun surprises!) I received the limited edition stamp set that I had ordered from Amber at Damask Love.  It is truly lovely and I think it's just perfect with a classic color scheme.

Be Merry with Mistletoe

I liked working with the set so much, I did a second card right away.  Sadly, I have enough Christmas sets that I only have to use each one once to fill all of my Christmas card needs (which I fully realize makes for very expensive Christmas cards) - but this set is too nice to not see ink a few times!  I did change the green on this one.  There is a color from Papertrey Ink called Pinefeather (the first card uses Stampin' Up's Mossy Meadow).   I've just never warmed up to Pinefeather, probably because I don't find it to be warm, but every so often I challenge myself to use it.  It is elegant, I just prefer more olive tones.

Merry Christmas with Candle

This is truly a beautiful stamp set - be sure to check out what Amber has done with it on Damask Love.



I had some difficulty creating links for this card.  I cannot get the set from Damask Love to work in the inlinkz tool - but all of the Damask Love links go directly to the post that describes how you buy the set.  I also could not find the pine boughs on the second card.  All of my dies are on magnetic sheets without the original packaging.  My notes say that the dies are from Savvy Stamps but the only pine die that I can find from them has a trio of branches and my set has two - so clearly my notes are wrong.  





18 comments:

  1. I love these, Kim! I have this stamp on its way to me too! I can't wait to ink it up. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fabulous sentiment - both ways! Truly gorgeous :) Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous flourishy sentiment, Kim. No wonder you had to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant font, Kim! Love the mistletoe with it too! Aren't new toys fun? Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Kim! Your cards are beautiful! Loving those stamps and that elegant font!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations! Love the large sentiment stamp!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are simply stunning .....I love the stamp! I may just have to get my hands on that myself. Linda (GD Merry Monday) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree......that is one gorgeous sentiment set! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is so pretty and very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how elegant these are! Perfect for your traditional Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are awesome Kim, love the sentiment font and the little die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your win at Merry Monday! It was well-deserved, your card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous cards Kim! The pine boughs look like poppystamps dies.. http://www.poppystamps.com/prod-489.htm#.VH4NfL4rxSU

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, elegant, classic Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chiming in to add my voice to the chorus delighting in and praising your incredibly gorgeous card. I agree: that stamp is luscious. The wee candle, bow and pine sprigs...yet another of those signature 'cluster scenes' that I so admire.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!