Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches: A Whole Lotta' Happy

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This one is brought to us by the great and talented Linda Callahan.


I needed a birthday card for a 10-year old girl who I don't know very well.  I wasn't sure whether the card should be girly, or sporty, or what?  So I settled on bright balloons.  I thought about putting a balloon where the snowflake is on the sketch, but all the other balloons were up high and the lower balloon seemed out of place - like it was already leaking helium!  As I was browsing dies for ideas, I came across this big speech bubble die - and I love it!!!  Thanks so much to Linda for the inspiration!

A Whole Lotta' Happy

I hope to see you play along with this one - there are so many directions to take this sketch, I am looking forward to seeing what everybody creates!
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Whole Lotta' Happy
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold and Smokey Shadow, Versmark
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Happy Trio die, Mama Elephant Speech Trio die, Sizzix embossing folder, Stampin' Up Heat 'n Stick Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

27 comments:

  1. This is great, Kim! Perfect for a 10 year old. Love that embossing folder for the background! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The die cut word looks great over the stamped balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim
    Another fabulous card from you....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is perfect Kim! I am sure the girl will love this card.Love your stamping and the big sentiment aaand the embossing...well...everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a colorful card! And great solution for making this sketch work with the theme of your card! Creative thinking, love the sparkly word diecut too.
    She'll definitely like your card a lot. :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Kim! I think this is just perfect for a 10 year old girl. Great colors and an awesome design. I think the embossed panel really sets off your focal panel too. Love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am certainly happy looking at this! That is a wonderful die and it is fabulous filled with balloons! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leaking helium! I burst out laughing when I read that. Too funny! But what an amazing alternative to a failing balloon - the speech bubble is perfect. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's a fab card for a 10-year-old girl, Kim! I love the bright colours and the sparkly happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant take on the sketch, Kim! So glad you didn't go for the leaky balloon. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this fun card Kim. I love the big letter sentiment, colors and your balloons are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the floating balloons are perfect for a 10 year old. Especially when you add in the sparkly happy around a fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great card Kim! I love it! Love the colours and those balloons and that fabulous speech bubble...and I could go on and on! It's just perfect for a 10 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Balloons are perfect for any age! I love how you've layered them, and I love the speech bubble effect for the sketch -- very creative. Fun card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really yummy colors! Love the way you used the sketch Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun and fresh card! Love all those balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a happy card :) love all the lively colors and speech bubble look

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a bright and 'happy' card! Such fun! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cute.. love how you stamped that background with those fun balloons... great card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness this is just stunning Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that you have done a few non white cards lately! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks perfect and trendy for a teenager! Great background

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...what a festive and fun birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect card for a 10 year old girl, Kim! Fun, festive, and just the right amount of 'girly'. I have a speech die as well, sitting in the NBUS pile. Must give it some attention...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Kim! This is such a fabulous birthday card, for ANY age! Love the balloons and the textured background is perfect with it. The sentiment, especially the way you've used it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!