Thursday, November 6, 2014

Catered Crop: Gratitude Attitude

It's time for a new challenge at the Catered Crop: Gratitude Attitude.  The challenge is to "make a thank you card for any occasion, or, since it's the season of thanks, make a Thanksgiving card."

I have just a few more weeks to use my beloved autumn colors and fall stamps.  Winter/Christmas is a close second, but my favorite time to craft is in the fall.  So I deliberately went for a gratitude card, but I did use a designer paper to give a slight twist on fall colors.



Grateful

I love a pop of blue with my fall colors - such a fun contrast!

I also used the current sketch at retrosketches. I thought the decorative bottom panel would be a nice "shelf" for my "grateful" die.



As usual, Linda has curate a Pinterest board of inspiration "gratitude" for the Catered Crop challenge.


Also, on this coming Sunday, you can see all of the inspiration of the design team on the Catered Crop blog plus cards from the winners of the last challenge.  Hope to see you playing along!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Autumn Acorns
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Melon Berry, My Favorite Things Natural, Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Fancy Pants True Friend 6x6
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, Melon Berry, Harvest Gold
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Autumn Acorns die, Edgers 3 die, Melong Berry Button, Penny Black Words of Gratitude die

16 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love the colors you picked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Grateful die-cut is gorgeous! And I love the patterned paper and colors you used!!! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim the pop of blue is beautiful! It reminds me of the pretty Nov. skies we had before this rain moved in. This is just wonderful, love the thin grateful die cut too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kim!! I LOVE this card!! Your pretty patterned paper, the placement of the leaves and the colors you used-just breathtaking. Really, really beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual sketch, but such a lovely card!
    Love the bright blue word/ diecut.
    Love, love, love the colorcombo, so rich and warm. :-)
    The Button and twine adds a little extra to the card, the perfect finishing touch.
    .... no sequins?... :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card I adore the scripted Grateful <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors and sweet sweet layout! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card...I love that wonderful word die and it is so beautiful cut in that blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card, Kim! Especially your choice of color scheme looks fabulous! I love fall, too, but I'm having a trouble with creating a fall themed card. I just don't know what color I have to use. Your card absolutely inspired me. Thanks for the inspiration! May

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely ADORE this...such fun & fresh colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! Your colour choices are just perfect! Love this one! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this layered card and that beautiful word die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Kim; once again, you've worked magic with the sketch, images and colours. Wish we were still experiencing 'fall'; at the moment, here in Edmonton, the snow is falling, with a forecast *high* of -15C. Brrr...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love fall as wel. : ) Your delicate Grateful die is the perfect sentiment for this challenge and this time of year!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!