Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Catered Crop: Seeing Red


It's time for a new challenge at Catered Crop.  We are "seeing red"!

Linda, at Catered Crop, writes:

Bold, luxurious and sexy Red! The Hollywood red carpet, red light districts, homespun gingham, roses, valentines, kick a** lipstick, cherries, apples, and blushing cheeks . . . royalty, danger and passion . . 


She doesn't mention Christmas, but what better for a red challenge than some crisp and clean, red and white Christmas snowflakes!?

Snow and Ornaments

These are a few items from the Stamptember release at Simon Says Stamp.  I got the Holiday Frame die on the day it was released. I imagine so many uses for it, from cute to elegant.  It took me a couple of weeks to decide on the snowflakes, then I saw this card by Debby Hughes.  I want everything that I see Debby Hughes use!  This is the Presents and Ornaments set and it's full of handy basics like these snowflakes, a number of different sized presents and bows, and a chevron border. Much of it will be handy year-round.

Linda has curated this Pinterest board full of inspiration.  Here's a peek. Notice that the card doesn't have to be all red - just a focus on red.


Then next week, all of the design team cards will be gathered together on the Catered Crop blog along with a few guest designers.

I look forward to seeing the Catered Crop gallery full of red!

  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Presents and Ornaments
  • Paper: Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red
  • Ink: Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red
  • Accessories: Simon Says Holiday Frame die, Falling Snow Stencil, white embossing paste and glitter, red and white twine

13 comments:

  1. Looooooooove this! I have seen this die out in blogland and you're making me want it more & more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kim! Love how you used that awesome die!Thanks for enabling me!lol♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly sweet Christmas card Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Kim...absolutely gorgeous! I want everything you have *grin*, including your amazing creativity!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card using this new die! I also ordered it on the day it was released but haven't had a chance to use it yet. So much stuff, so little time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, fun and festive in red Linda. I love that new die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the red and white, sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a bad influence on me, too! This is sooo classy! Perfect combination of elements! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORRRRRJUSS! LOVE that bright red against the uber-white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas! Absolutely. I love any reason to use red and your card is absolutely rockin'! I love it. But then, I love everything you do. It's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Christmas card Kim! So classy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!