Wednesday, December 18, 2013

God Bless Us, Everyone!

I went shopping at Verve Stamps a few weeks ago, specifically to pick up the stamps for this project. While I was shopping, this dapper little guy just jumped into my cart.  He is SO perfect with the sentiment!

God Bless Us

I didn't want to do anything fancy with him - he is cute enough to stand alone.  I did use some paper that I liked a lot - but in general would be too busy for my style.  I thought it gave the card a little bit of the older Dickens-look - appropriate for the sentiment.

This is out of my NBUS Christmas stash.  I was paging through that pile and looking at challenges for inspiration.  I am playing along with Merry Monday to use an animal. (I am assuming my bird is OK since the challenge graphic has owls!!).  Also playing with CAS on Sunday: Christmas.



I hope all is going well with each of you as we near Christmas.  I don't have my cards out yet, which is stressing me. They are made - but my little secret is that I have illegible handwriting - while my husband's is quite clear.  So he gets to address envelopes and hasn't done it yet.  I am going to my nieces' Christmas pageant this afternoon and my son's band concert tonight.  I have a few more rehearsals for Sunday and for Christmas Eve bell choir performances.  But other than that - I'm going into the final week feeling pretty good!
  • Stamps: Verve Christmas Joy (it's on sale right now!)
  • Paper: Carta Bella So This is Christmas 6x6 dsp, Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Scarlet Jewel button, Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, Hemptique Natural 10-lb twine, one little gold dot on his hat

22 comments:

  1. I can see why that image jumped into your cart! It is adorable. Love the paper you used while still keeping your card CAS!!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet Christmas card with the little bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, Kim! such cuteness here with that Verve Christmas birdie! you have him looking very dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cuteness on this one, love that little guy. I haven't shopped verve in a while, i need to go look around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little guy! I think you paired it with the perfect paper! What a nice feeling to being going into the final week without crazy anxiety!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is ADORABLE!!! Love your dapper little fella. I can just hear Tiny Tim's sweet little voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little guy is adorable and the sentiment is perfect! That paper is perfect with this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday! And if I don't get by again, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet image Kim, you have coloured him so beautifully. The DSP is so perfect as a background and I love the button embellishment.Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim this is soo adorable! Love that little guy and your sentiment. Now I need that one too. Thanks for adding this to Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I am in love with this image and sentiment!! It is just too cute and sweet!! Love how you've kept it CAS. This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to flash the Verve, Kim! This little guy is too cute :)

    When in a pinch I have actually typed labels for addresses...not as personal but they get out the door LOL! I'd LOVE to hear your bell choir! Always amazing to listen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little Dickensian bird is darling, and the paper is the perfect backdrop to showcase his fashionable attire. Sounds like you're in for great delights over the next few days! Enjoy immensely!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Kim, and the papers you used are a perfect match for this little guy. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that bird is adorable, and you have the gift of making a dynamite simple card. I also use Hemptique twine, and I even made a bow with it for this challenge. It ties such nice sturdy knots! The patterned paper is perfect with this, and I would have never thought to use it with the plain image. Was the mathematician in you, attracted to its tessellated goodness?

    Thanks for taking the time to share. Given all your balls in the air, have a wonderful, and peaceful, Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bird is a perfect critter for the MM challenge, Kims! Your use of the paper and button work perfectly for him!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!