Saturday, December 14, 2013

Catered Crop: Small Size Matters

The current challenge at Catered Crop is that (small) size matters!!  Make some mini cards - they can be tags or gift card holders or anything teeny tiny.

The challenge came at the time when my kids were making hot chocolate mix for their teachers.  We've done this for a number of years and I have a template in Word that prints off tags in just the right size for one of my tag dies.  I just change up the teachers name's and it's ready to go.  However, the mini card challenge got me thinking of how easy this makes it for my kids - too easy (other than the fact that they measure out the hot chocolate mix).  A card would require them to write something on the inside - and think a little bit about each teacher as they put the gifts together.

I just got the Holiday Treats set and dies from Verve Stamps and with its mini cups, I knew it would be perfect for my mini cards!

Cup of Cheer Group

Here's a close-up.

Cup of Cheer Single

It's a very nice hot-chocolate mix - rich chocolate with a dash of peppermint.




The layers are:

1 cup powdered milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
It all fits in a 1-quart jar and makes 12 servings










On the inside flap of each card, I did pre-print instructions and added my favorite stamps from the set "Have a cup of cheer". 

Cup of Cheer In

The jars aren't actually done yet - I made one so that I could write this post.  So, after my kids and the entire high school marching band perform in today's Christmas parade - we'll come back and the powder will start flying and the sound of crushing peppermints will echo!!
  • Stamps: Verve Holiday Treats
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Poppy Parade, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake, Memento Cottage Ivy, WPlus9 White
  • Accessories: Verve Cup of Cheer die set, Hemptique Twine, Pretty Pink Posh sequins

14 comments:

  1. Great mini-cards; I love the idea of them attached to your delicious-looking mix, as opposed to the tags. It helps to teach our youngsters how to give! You're so smart for doing it that way! Love these. So much going on with these, but not looking crowded. Great colors, and I have to say that bow on the jar is gorgeous. Have fun after the parade today! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mini cards and lovely packaging! A great homemade gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adore this, Kim! may have to steal the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea! Cute cards. That set is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Kim! So much detail in a small card! They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the mini cards to the cocoa mix to the gift jars, this is stunning! Absolutely stunning! I especially love those little mugs...cute, plus!! Enjoy the parade, and the post-parade beverages and snacks!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome teachers gift! Perfect for the season and your mini cards are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous teacher's gift Kim! Your note cards are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a delightful gift and your mini note tags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such great teacher gifts, Kim! Love the sweet tags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card/tag with the cup of tea stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful idea! I will be trying this out and I love those cute little cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!