Friday, December 6, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Stamps: Merry Walrus

This is my second post day.
If you are looking for the My Favorite Things Release Countdown, it's here.

It's my day to post at Fresh Squeezed Stamps and I've been wanting to play along with Merry Monday's challenge to use the chalkboard technique.  It turns out it's a perfect match.  I thought that the cheerful walrus from Arctic Friends would look just perfect on a smudge of snow and ice, and might just be thinking "merry" thoughts!  (The "merry" is from Hello December - I love its woodgrain.)

Merry Walrus

I bet you are feeling "merry" after seeing this sweet guy.  The set includes this walrus and a penguin that I used here, and there is a bear.  I'm don't quite know yet what I will be doing with the bear, but I'm sure you will be seeing him soon!


  • Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps Arctic Friends, Hello December
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana
  • Ink: WPlus9 White
  • Accessories: Hero Arts white embossing powder, The Twinery Caribbean



17 comments:

  1. Adorable...love the blackboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOTALLY COOL! I have not embraced the chalkboard trend yet; I HAVE to spread my wings and just fly with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe sending some 'beary hugs'??
    ha, ha, this walrus is such a cutie and his merry thoughts are contagious, I'm sure! :-)
    Love the sequins too.
    The chalkboard technique is great and a perfect combination with this sweet guy!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your merry walrus on a chalkboard of snow! This is darling, Kims! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love him!!! So adorable how you used the chalkboard effect for the ice/snow under his feet! Love the twine, bow and snowflake detail too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Kim, love the cute walrus. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and perfect Kim, you nailed the chalkboard with him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, Kim ... I don't think I ever called a walrus cute before, but this guy definitely is ... he looks fabulous against the chalkboard! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just made me smile. Okay, chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE this chalkboard card. So cute!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect image for this technique, Kim! That smudge of chalk looks like ice and grounds him perfectly! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now your card really made me smile Kim. Such a novel approach to the chalkboard challenge. A fun card. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. super sympa, très créative, je la trouve top, biz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I am definitely feeling *merry* after seeing this cute, chalkboard walrus! He is adorable!! Fabulous card!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  15. This just made me smile and giggle!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!