Monday, August 12, 2013

Seize the Sketch: You're a Star!

This is my second card for the very first sketch at Seize the Sketch.  I love the fun look of the diagonal lines.  This card came about because, as I was organizing a craft drawer, I found the roll of film washi hiding under my desk!!  And...the icing on the cake was this Bold Statements set by My Favorite Things that was stashed in my NBUS box (Never Before Used Schtuff)!

You're a Star
This was a double challenge for me because I do not do gold but I am seeing that it is trendy right now. I like it on other people's card but every time that I try to use it, it seems "heavy".   I really didn't have a choice on this card though, did I?  Film strip, star...it was crying out for gold!
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Bold Statements
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Black and Gold
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Washi Tapes: Queen & Co film strip and Pebbles black patterns, Stamp 'n Stuff Starry Nights embossing powder, My Favorite Things Speech Bubble Frame die, misc sequins

16 comments:

  1. How freaky! I just finished a card using this exact same phrase! This is stunning, Kim! Fabulous textures & colours. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glitz! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Love this! You totally rocked the sketch Kim. Thanks for joining us again at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous card, Kim! You've used gold perfectly!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I just LURVE this one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a star card :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, ha, Great humour and Great card!!!
    Great combo!
    And I do love 'all' the 'heavy' gold on your card! :-)
    Great finds are the ones least expected!
    ( I'm not sure if that's correct English, but you get my point I hope)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. The recipient of this card will treasure it for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fabulous! Love the sparkle, the big sentiment, and the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute, Kim! I think you used just the right amount of gold. It's very elegant! :) Thanks for popping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card - love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!