Friday, August 9, 2013

Seize the Sketch: Batty in Love

There was no way that I was going to miss the first sketch at Seize the Sketch!  I'm almost at the bottom of my Paper Smooches order so I was somewhat limited to a bat!  But what does a bat do - hang upside down - and the sketch had a wonderful opportunity for twine for him to hang from!

Batty in Love


I don't think I'm done with this sketch yet.  I'm eyeing another set in my new stash that I think would work well...maybe later!

I have been very busy getting organized.  I love the act of organizing - it leads to a fresh start and I love that feeling.  This time I decided to put together a chart of inks.  I've downloaded or created charts for Memento and the Distress Inks and Papertrey and Stampin' Up.  But I had a really bad moment.  I have 113 different Stampin' Up ink colors.  My collection  goes back to colors I'm betting none of you remember - Mint Melody, Mauve Mist - those are going way back.  But look at this...how did I let this happen?


I didn't even know that I didn't have it - so clearly I've never used it.  But...that didn't stop me from jumping on EBay and completing my collection.  Sad, huh??

And I have a question.  Does anybody "understand" Hero Arts inks?  I was looking for a chart of all of their inks and there are a ton of downloadable charts available.  But none of them include all of the inks.  On the Hero Arts site, there is this chart and then there is this chart but there are tons of colors besides what is on those charts.  I love Pale Tomato but it doesn't show up anywhere.  Did they have a big color overhaul?  I'm doubting they retired all of those missing colors because if they did, they didn't leave themselves with many.  Anybody follow Hero Arts?
  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Falling for You
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray
  • Accesories: Timeless Twine Cape Cod, Ellen Hutson Daffodil Sequins, Ranger Glossy Accents, Paper Smooches Falling for You dies


27 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't help with your question about Hero Arts but I just had to tell you that I do remember Mint Melody and Mauve Mist. I also have a huge collection of SU inks and one day I finally broke down and gave some of the older ones to my daughters. Wouldn't you know that SU then brought back some of the old In Colors. I should have hoarded a bit longer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond adorable, Kim!! Just LOVE it!! Great take on the sketch. Yes, mint medley and mauve mist I have them :) Can't help with the HA inks, sorry. If you get stuck maybe you can e-mail them directly, as the omission on the chart may be an oversight on their part?? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this card Kim! Greetings from Belgium, Annelies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, love your card, I have just recently started collecting inks and have so far collected all the Dew Drop inks, do you know if there are any downloadable charts for these, thanks, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE how you used the twine for this sketch. And the bat holding the heart is the perfect touch! For your HA question, oh man, I have been wondering the same thing! But I did catch an ink comparison video Jennifer McGuire did a few weeks ago that might help you out - she has an enormous chart that could be just what you're looking for. I will find the post for you and leave another comment with the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card! I wish I could help you out on your question, but I have not idea. I love the peek of your color chart, though. I'm feeling the itch to reorganize again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with the batty in love :) what an idea and what a terrific representation :) you are ever amazing.
    I agree organizing always gives a new start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now how cute is this?!

    Sorry, no help on the ink chart...I've become an Impress Fresh Ink girl and although I should have a color chart, I don't :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a super cute card! Love the image of batty!

    I have a large collection of inks - SU, Memento, Distress, Cats Eyes, Stazon - and I use them all at least once :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Kim! Such a cute idea with the bat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your adorable batty card, Kims! You are the Queen of Clever!! I'm with you on the organizing addiction. I swear I have more fun doing that than making cards! I'm so nuts.

    BTW, I know why you didn't end up with a Dusty Durango. I have it. I loved it so much I ordered two. I'm so piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card! Reminds me of the enormous fruit bats we used to see hanging off the telephone wires when we lived in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, the twine use, divine! The coloring perfection!!!

    LUV IT!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally in LOVE with this card!!! Such a GREAT take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. I LOVE the bat! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, who doesn't love a bat hanging upside down wrapped in twine.
    Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Saw this on 'seize the sketch' and just love it. I think lemon and grey is one of my favourite colour combos and it works so well with this cute little bat.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is just adorable. love how you used the twine for the diagonals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card - love your take on the sketch and using the baker's twine! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Am going batty keeping up with all your posts and pinterest! You rock, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card, Kim; that little bat is sooooo darling! As for organizing: that's one of my 'things'! As I've mentioned before: yes, I do alphabetize my paper pads, and stamps (within companies). Yep, I'm batty...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so batty cute .... love your use of twine here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE, LOVE this interpretation of the sketch Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this! And your chart. Where can I get one like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww...such a cute and lovely card! Great thought of using the baker's twine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!