Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rockwell's Pantone Color Challenge: Linen

I have missed a couple of colors in Jackie Rockwell's Pantone Color Challenge.  I'm definitely going to go back and pick them up - all of them stay open until September 22!  But this week's linen color really caught my eye.  It's not easy to do an entire card in linen but I thought it would work for a classic sympathy card.

Deepest Sympathy in Linen


Jackie's giving away a free blog header to one person who plays along with her challenges.  Check out my blog - it's Jackie's work - and I LOVE it!!

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Butterfly Additions, CD Stamps Easter Blessings (sentiment)
  • Paper: Papertrey Fine Linen
  • Ink: Papertrey Fine Linen
  • Accessories: Clearly Besotted Butterfly Die, May Arts twine, Tim Holtz Embossing folder, misc sequins

9 comments:

  1. This is such a subtle and calm BEAUTY Kim! You really captured the serene quality of the Linen color.

    Don't forget to link it up, so everyone else can admire your card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and lovely. You've really nailed Jackie's linen challenge. It's just perfect. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you can take something that could be so plain and turn it into something so elegant and beautiful! I love it! Hope things are going well with your school paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful serene card, Kim. Just right for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes, this is beautiful for a sympathy card. nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very calming and soothing for a sympathy card. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serene and sophisticated! Love how you've worked magic with the linen colour...absolutely beautiful!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and stylish.
    Love the impression die you used and the white outlining of the butterfly.
    The sequins are perfect and gorgeous.
    Unfortunately we also need these cards to send.
    Your card has a 'tranquil' feel. ( I'm not sure if this is the right discription but I hope you get my point. :-))
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!