Friday, August 16, 2013

Paper Players with Sunday Stamps: Now and Always

I'm using a couple of new stamp sets, one of which is a set to create plaids so I had to go out and hunt down the prettiest color challenge that I could find - The Paper Players.  Then I wanted a simple sketch to show off the stamped plaid - Sunday Stamps.

Now and Always




The plaid set is very fun to work with.  A few of the stamps are single stripes and a few come in groups so it doesn't take long to put together a plaid background.  I have a lot of patterned paper but more often than not it seems overwhelming to page through it finding a match.  Now I can make my own!!

I had some exciting news yesterday - I get to guest over at Paper Smooches in September.  This just proves that NBUS works (thanks Darnell) because what really happened is that I had gotten a large order from Paper Smooches a couple of weeks ago and swore that I would use them all before they went into "the box" so the last few weeks have been heavy on Paper Smooches on my blog!!  Of course, and this won't surprise the truly addicted, I have another new order coming from Paper Smooches because I had to buy lots more stuff that would help me make great cards with the sets that I am getting free!  Sad, isn't it??
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Grand Greetings, Plaid Background Builder
  • Paper: white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pear Pizzazz
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink buttons: Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry, New Leaf




28 comments:

  1. This is a pure delight! GORGEOUS card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Kim! It is amazing how we justify all our stampy purchases, isn't it?! This is adorable nontheless, love the plaid you've created! Thanks so much for using the Paper Players colors in your creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! The colours are SO gorgeous and I love the clean layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that plaid and the buttons are the perfect embellishment! A great CAS card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this plaid! Gorgeous card, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally buying your justifying.lol Cute card! I like that color combo. Congrats on your guesting gig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...love the colours and the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo... LOVE the plaid on the right matched with those fabulous buttons. Great take on both challenges.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plaid stamping is so pretty Kim!! Congrats on your guest spot, can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kim, love the plaid and buttons together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card (again!), Kim! I say, embrace the addiction!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card! Shannon's right: embrace the addiction!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the PS guest design gig, Kim!! So excited and happy for you! And you ROCKED that plaid builder - isn't so much fun?!! Pinned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I love this card! Love what you did with those MFT stamps, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABulous interpretation of Joan's sketch. Very unique :) Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card Kim. Love the plaid and the buttons. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the PS gig! So fun!
    I love this card!! The plaid stamping is fabulous with this fun color combo! And such perfect little bows too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! So wonderfully bright and happy! And hooray for PS choosing you to do some designing for them! They have an eye for talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're so welcome, my friend. I think it's sweet how we enable each other! Congratulations on the well-deserved, REALLY well-deserved guest spot!!

    Your card is perfection, Kims! I get so excited over plaid and your plaid with buttons is thrilling me to bits!! Another winner for SURE!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just a big 'WOW'!!!
    I love your background!!
    Beautiful colorcombination and the layout/ sketch you used is FAB!!
    Great card.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in LOVE with your entire card!! You rocked the challenge this week over at Sunday Stamps! Thanks for playing along... You've certainly inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your plaid stamped panel and buttons. They look great with the Sunday Stamps sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps--hope you can join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a fabulous card! I love your take on the sketch with the plaid panel and the words! I also love your choice to use buttons for the "shapes". Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This was such a great card. Caught my eye the first time I saw it! Congrats on your MFT Favorite Find!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jaw dropping gorgeousness!!! Love the colors and the diagonal orientation of the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how you matched the colours! The plaid is a stamp?? Wowsers ... You ARE good at this card making thing, aren't you! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on your shout-out at My favorite Things - well deserved - great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!