Friday, August 30, 2013

Fab Friday: Truly Grateful

I had one of those wonderful Wednesday afternoons that I get to have once or twice a month - playing in a friend's craft room who has more "schtfuff" than I do!!  She hauls out stamps and supplies that are appropriate for the season and since she is a Fall/Halloween fanatic, we had plenty of fall colors surrounding us! (Check out the name of one of her blogs - A Nostalgic Halloween.)

She had gorgeous sample cards using paper adhered to coaster board for great dimensional diecuts and the negatives, so this card is definitely inspired by Kris.

Truly Grateful

I used the current sketch from Fab Friday.


Well, I finished up one of my class papers yesterday.  I'll finish the last few things in that class and submit that paper this morning - one down!  I have the research done for another paper but I am having a tough time getting started simply because I am completely uninterested in the topic.  I have until Sunday at midnight, but I was truly hoping to be done before that to have some break before the next classes start on Monday. So I'm posting this and then settling in in front of the computer - only coming up for air to get the kids up and off to school and then for the first high school football game (and more importantly marching band performance) tonight.  Fingers crossed it goes fast! I'd love a weekend of relaxed crafting before next week begins!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Wonderfall, Truly Grateful (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand, Sweater Weather dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Wonderfall Sizzix die, Houndstooth embossing folder, coaster board, Pumpkin Pie Chevron ribbon, Avery Elle sequins

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Kim! Love the fall colors!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the houndstooth mixed with the great fall plaid dsp. And I love the little sprinkling of sequins. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove maple leaves (it's a Canadian thing LOL!) and the added acorn is such a wonderful touch :) Wishing you luck on your paper -- never easy to write on something you aren't interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim
    Fabulous fard...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Kims! Thank you for the link to Kris. Such a shame that she's an under-achiever, huh?!

    I hope your weekend plans go just the way you hope they will!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Kim! Love that big leaf! Going to check out Kris's blog too, thank you for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A true beauty!
    Love the warm colors too.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty for fall! Love the DSP cut out and then stamped on the layer beneath! The sequins and hemp twine are great accents! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card! I love how you did the leaf! I will be trying that technique! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is stunning, Kim! Fall cards are my favorite and yours is my current fave!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa...how did I miss this card - and one with a maple leaf (Canada thing, as Marisa noted)? This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the paper, the layout, the fall colours! Rich and splendid!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful fall card! I love that the stamped image is showing through the DSP. That is a really clever way to use this stamp set and the die. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm back...your card would fit perfectly in the Paper Players fall-themed challenge this week!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, Kim!
    The coaster board for dimension is a super idea! Love your colors too. Thanks of playing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!