Friday, August 23, 2013

Catered Crop: I am HERE!!

This week at Catered Crop, we are having a Map It Recipe Swap.

I decided that I needed to go shopping for this one.  I just had to head over to Archivers and I picked up map paper and compass charms.  I knew that I had sailboats and pirate ships and race cars - all of which could go with a map.

Then I had a brainstorm - I don't have those very often.  I am good at following trends and getting ideas from other brilliant crafters, but in general, if a challenge says "map", my card has a "map"!!  I saw a set of stamps with little houses that looked like they were drawn by a child - and a whole different type of map popped into my head.

Dear Santa, I am HERE!

Dear Santa close

This is most definitely a very important type of map!!

I hope to see you play along!
  • Stamps: Amy Tangerine Hey There, sentiment is computer generated
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate, Real Red, Simple Stories diagonal red
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Hero Arts Soft Granite, Stampin' Up Smokey Slate
  • Accessories: Basic Grey Carte Postale Wood Die cuts (coated with red tinsel embossing powder), My Favorite Things fishtail dies and Snowdrifts die, Stampin' Up snowflake sizzlit, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter

21 comments:

  1. Ah . . . . that is most definitely a very precious map! I love how you think outside the lines. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea Kim!! I thought the same thing, had to have a map, but you've proven we don't!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of those brilliant crafters! This is AWESOME !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kid's touch to the Map theme :) awesome idea and a great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever, clever girl!! Love that little geo-tag above the house. Santa will be sure to find her. Just plain fun, and this one put a big grin on my face, and a fist-pump to you for this brilliant idea!! Love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Kim, love the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are brilliant! I felt that I needed to buy a map paper for this challenge, too. But I ended up with map paper while you came up with a clever idea. You taught me a lot with one card. Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are brilliant, a perfect map card! This brought a huge smile to my face this morning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh em gee, Kim! this is totally cute...love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this Kim! It is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweet and cute! i love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors and snow sparkle on this! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how sweet and creative! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw this on pinterest and it caught my eye!! Not surprised it is a Kim design! Always perfection! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so incredibly creative! Maybe the best map ever. It reminds me of the map the little girl draws in "Arthur Chrismas" (love that movie). It's definitely one of my favorites. (P.S. Thanks so much for your sweet comments. You are so kind!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever and important map! That's some pretty paper behind the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too darling for words-an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha, ha, OH how I LOVE this card!!!
    It's brilliant!!!
    And no way Santa's gonna skip your house, ha, ha!!
    Love it.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  19. l.o.v.e. this card and really want to get my hands on the embossing folder you used. Help!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!