Thursday, August 29, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! love & kisses

It's time for a new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!.  For some reason this simple sketch gave me headaches.  I think it's the placement of those two little buttons in the center.  I wanted to put them near the top or the bottom, but I challenged myself to make it work. (That's why they call these challenges!!!)


I just got the Paper Smooches set We Connect.  It's a set of love words and three fun ampersands (plus dies).  I got the entire set for the ampersands.  Sad, huh?  So I figured I had better use the words right away so they actually see ink!

love & kisses


And look...my embellies are in the middle - just where they are in the sketch!

I guarantee that the rest of the design team didn't have much trouble with the sketch as there are amazing cards in the gallery.  Check it out at CAS(E) this Sketch! then be sure to play along!

(I'm also submitting this to the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.)

  • Stamps: Paper Smooches We Connect, Art Impressions Lips
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Simple Stories 24/7 dsp
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen button, MME enamel dots, Divine Twine Black Licorice

20 comments:

  1. Amazing card! Your struggles were beyond worth it..this turned out fantastically!!! Love all the gorgeous white space, and yet you have so many wonderful things going on here. I just have to pin this. Love this madly!!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this Kim. I really love the colors you've chosen. That ampersand is really fabulous. I get your attraction to it. Those lips pop right off the card and the bit of twine is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect Kim! You make this cardmaking stuff look so effortless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, WOW! You would never know you had trouble with this one! The results are spectacular - LOVE the way you incorporated the lips to compliment the awesome sentiment! Total perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether it was a struggle or not you've created a fun card that looks perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best Kim, I'm just LoVing those fab lips! I'm going to miss you heaps GF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, sweet, and fun card! Love the lips peeking out from behind the &!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You worked magic with this sketch, despite the initial challenge it presented. WONDERFUL card - and your new set of PS stamps look fabulous! I need to check them out! Always a treat and inspiration when I visit!
    Thanks so so much!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an awesome CAS card! Love the embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sketch ... great result. Must check out that new set! (Oh NO!!!) Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you make me want to buy things. looking up this PS set now. love the whole vibe of the card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim
    Love your card... Love the lips and the font of the message
    Gorgeous design also loved your linen card... Is that the same colour as Kraft...,,
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh. This is perfect, Kim! I'd have never guessed you were challenged by those buttons! :) Love the pop of color those bright red lips provide and I love that DP that's peeking out from behind the sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is one incredible card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  15. as is the case with all your cards, this is just gorgeous!!! and I love the placement of all your embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to stop by here to check out what the words were that you used, soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sentiment!
    And you put quite a combination here on your card with your choice of designpaper, makes it less 'sweet', but it's a perfect combo with the button!!!!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  18. So FUN it hurts!! Love the bright FUN colors, so PUBLISH worthy! Wowsers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!