Monday, August 26, 2013

AEI{heart}U with Avery Elle: Oh Happy Day

The challenge at Avery Elle has a long sentiment panel and since I just got their Oh Happy Day set, I knew that I had to play along!

Oh Happy Day

I really like the script on the sentiment - it's light and airy with just enough frills to be fun but not cutesy. There are eight long sentiments in the set along with those little flowers, birds and even an arrow.  

It's finals week for me this week.  I'm not going to say that I won't be making many cards because I think I may need to come up for air every so often and play with colors and patterns and sequins! I have a 10 page paper to write in a Business Ethics class on an idea for corporate ethics reform.  If anybody has any ideas - let me know.  I am really struggling with the fact that many of these white collar criminals don't need the money they are stealing - I think they simply have gigantic egos and believe they are better than the rest of us.  So I'm just not sure how to reform the system because there really aren't any new rules or any type of  punishment that is going to stop a big ego.  These criminals simply do not think they are going to be caught.  (I've also been struggling with the idea of the class the whole term.  Business ethics classes are now required but I figure you either have ethics or you don't - a class isn't going to change that!)  My second paper is in Intermediate Accounting - comparing the financial statements for Pepsi and Coke in 2007.  Which would you have guessed is the biggest?  I would definitely have said Coke - but Pepsi had 10 billion more in sales.  (That includes all of their subsidiaries too).  Are you bored yet?  Me too!!!!

The fun stuff...
  • Stamps: Avery Elle Oh Happy Day
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Echo Park Splash 6x6 pad
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Stampin' Up Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: Divine Twine Black Licorice

27 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kim!! I love the colours and those sweet little flowers.

    Good luck with your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your papers - difficult topics, but if your writing skills are anywhere near your card making skills you'll do fantastic! I really like your card it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Kim. Love the beautiful colors on the sweet little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Kim! Love that sentiment font and the cute little bird you added! GOOD luck on your finals and papers, I'll say a little prayer for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! this definitely has a Happy Happy Happy... appeal

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, I love the card - everything just draws me in! Love the colours you chose for the beautiful flowers and the little birdie sitting on the sentiment is an awesome touch! Second, I admire you SO much for taking these classes!! Although I have no business background whatsoever, the topic fascinates me! I know, I'm weird!!! The ethics paper is certainly a challenge! You hit the nail on the head when you said you either have them or you don't. So true! Are you able to create your paper around that and the psychology of ethics? Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kim! Love the CAS design! Good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kim, I love the right colours. Good luck with finals this week, I remember writing similar papers to these when I took business in University--dry at best. Looking forward to when you come up for air. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ack! i just fell of my couch. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card Kim. It just pops in all the right ways. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty and cheery card! Great job with the sketch! Hope all goes well for your classes. I took a few business classes a few years ago...at our local college...loved it...Wish I could afford to do more. The catch is...(they weren't for credit). Too many years out of school Don't know if my blood pressure could take the pressure (excuse the pun) stressing over grades.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Killer card. I absolutely adore this. Great colors, and the way you've arranged the flowers is perfect here. Oh!, and that little bird perched on the "s"...totally brilliant. I think I have to pin this one! Lalalove this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card!

    Kudos for you going to school...sounds so interesting! I received my degree when I was 40.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this happy card! The little birdie perched on the end of the sentiment is adorable! Good luck with your finals...better thee than me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The black framing looks amazing Kim!
    ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, Kim! You are leading me astray again!! My sequins haven't yet arrived ... And here you are tempting me with a great stamp set! Sweet design! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Kim! Love the colour combo, the black matting and the little red birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Kim, I love those bright blooms and can't wait for my stamp set like this to arrive, darn customs are playing silly fools again :0(
    Good luck with your finals, sounds like you've got your head around it all :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these bright, happy flowers and the big, beautiful sentiment! My SIL is taking Business Ethics. She rolled her eyes when she told me that. I think you're right. It's not something that can be taught!

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING card, Kim, absolutely gorgeous! Love the cascade of flowers, the background band of dp, and the sentiment...swoon! As always, you've worked magic! I'll echo the others (esp. Shannon) in applauding your motivation to further your education. Your courses sound challenging, yet in some ways, quite intriguing! I agree with you re: ethics. My husband conducts coaching courses on occasion, and ethics in sports = big topic! Your Coke vs. Pepsi analysis surprised me too. A few years back, my students were required to respond to the image on a 1950s Time Magazine cover, where "planet earth" is being fed a bottle by a large Coke logo. Curious photo for an English class, but certainly invited conversation about marketing. Anyway..LOVE your card and you'll do an awesome job on your papers!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really pretty. I love that little red bird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.!!! card! Absolutely perfect in every way...had to pin it for future reference...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The flowers are so cute, loving the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely LOVE this cheerful & pretty card! Everything works beautifully together!
    I admire you for continuing your education, and you've got a difficult subject to write about! Greed has all but eliminated a sense of fairness, balance, & compassion in the business world and I imagine it will have to take a miracle to reverse it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!!
    Love the black outlinings and sentiment!
    And the colorcombo is just perfect!!!
    All those bright and bold colors match up with the sentiment and the feel of your card!
    And that little red bird is such a great detail!!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card- I think it's my favourite from all the challengers. Such a great combo of colour and design!

    ReplyDelete
  26. HUGE CONGRATS on your well deserved Avery Elle win Kim :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!