Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Fusion with Royalty: O Holy Night

Usually I find a challenge that I like to play, then I scrounge around in my craft corner until I find stamps and dies that will work.  Today, I decided to do it all backwards because I absolutely have to deal with an overflowing box of stamps-that-will-not-be-put-away-until-they-see-ink.  I came up with a Christmas set by Verve that has a wonderful look to the sentiments.  It's a beautiful set called Peace on Earth (sadly, when I went to find the link I saw that it was sold out until the end of August!)   Then I went scrounging for challenges.

First, I saw Stampin' Royalty's Christmas In July challenge.  I was definitely heading in the right direction for that one.  Then I saw Fusion.  The sketch had a perfect space to showcase the sentiment and the inspiration photo gave me colors and the stars.  A perfect fusion!!

O Holy Night


I'm not in terrible shape for Christmas cards so far this year, but I could definitely be in better shape. Last year was the one and only year that I was ever ahead - and it felt so good.  I'm trying to remember that feeling every time that I sit down at my craft table so I can get motivated - it's probably going to start looking more like Christmas on this blog!!

  • Stamps: Verve Peace on Earth
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist, Avery Elle Maple Wood Grain, Stampin' Up Glitter Gold
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers stitched rectangle, My Favorite Things star die, Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist button
Wow!  I have an amazing variety of companies' products on this card, don't I??

21 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a few months now, and your comment about putting away your new stamps and also your craft corner makes me wonder. How do you organize, store, and catalog your stamps? I would love to see photos or read your thoughts about your craft storage in general. Maybe you had a blog post on this topic in the past, but I could not find it. Thanks for your posts - you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorgeous, Kim! love all the gold stars with your fabulous Verve sentiment! thanks for playing along at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Kims, just perfect for the challenges! Yea, also a great display of all the wonderful companies who provide us with all the NBUS!! You've shown a great example using yours, BTW! That's what started this whole idea anyway when I did that same thing of reversing my process. It's amazing how (so far, knock wood) there are challenges out there to help us ink up these goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! I love the sparkle of the stars and the sweet sentiment! A very classy Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my this is lovely, Kim...and perfectly put together;)! I love how you've used the sketch, that sentiment...and the bit of bling and glitter you've added to make it so festive! Thanks so much for joining in at FUSION with this lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS card Kim, LOVE that you have rotated the sketch - perfect FUSION!!!
    So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, Kim....I LOOOOOVE this!!!!!! your little detail of the stars with the glimmer behind them.....LOVE!!!!!! I really just love everything about this card! Glad you came to play with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SMITTEN, so in love with your card. Gold, stars, Christmas, what else could a girl ask for?? Love it!

    You also reminded me Fusion was not over and I went to work.. I wanted to enter for BOTH the sketch and the photo inspiration and almost forgot about it. It is definitely not a CAS entry, but still I am happy with it.

    Have a great day Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!Love the stamp,colors are awesome,Love the stars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these sparkly stars! A perfect Fusion card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just say, Stunning?!! This is so beautiful. I love the woodgrain, and the little pop of aqua you've used here. Really wonderful take on the Fusion. Love, love, love this. And thanks also for your kind words on my last post. My chronic intractable migraines totally suck, but since I have to live with them, I needed to find some kind of good in them! But your card...oh your card! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll echo the others: gorgeous, stunning card! Absolutely beautifully elegant!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Kim. Love the heat embossing! Makes it very elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is, quite simply, perfection! I absolutely LOVE this! Pinning for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect! You certainly nailed the challenge! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS Fusion ZEN Master!
    You had my vote from the moment I saw this!!!

    -Tremendous job, have a lovely weekend Kim!!!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Kim! I adore the colors, especially the hint of aqua mist. And I love that all those companies' products blended so perfectly into one fabulous card. I have a similar box...my "use it or lose it" box. Every once in a while I dig something out, use it, and then it gets put away and kept. But lots of times I forget all about what I've put in there, don't miss not having it around, and then I know it's time for me to find it a new home. It's actually curbed my spending quite a bit and really made me think a lot more before I buy something.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many nice details in this design... the delicate woodgrain, the bits of glitzy gold and the little accent of pale aqua in the trim and button... all so gorgeous. Congrats on a well deserved Fusion win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card! Great take on the challenge. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!