Sunday, September 30, 2012

It's Fall About You

I am so loving fall colors and the new set by The Alley Way Stamps called It's Fall About You is the PERFECT set to use these colors...

Thanks, Thanks and Thanks!

I had to use these colors from the color throwdown - isn't that inspiration photo amazing!


And I used these week's sketch from Technostamper.


Card details at the bottom of this post.

I have had the busiest weekend.  We spent all day yesterday on hard stadium bleachers, in the Colorado sun, watching my son compete in marching band.  This is the 6'4", 200+ pound son whom I have told you about in the past - "Are you sure you're not a football player??"  Nope - THIS is what he does...

Legacy Marching

He's the saxophone looking right between the drums.  

I am so proud of him.  Just last week, in Theology class, they were discussing stereotypes.  The teacher looked at Andrew and said "Just look at Andrew...you would think football...but NO...marching band!!"  In my day, I would have crawled under my desk at being a band geek.  But my son owns who he is and is extremely proud of being in the band!  (And the teacher knew that about him - it was a PERFECT example of stereotypes)

Legacy Marching
He's almost right in the center looking VERY serious.
Their show started with them all marching in the old-fashioned style, fife and drum style...

Legacy Marching

Then they broke into a funky rendition of Katy Perry's Firework...
Legacy Marching

They were extremely upset that they didn't make the finals of the competition (top 12), but when we saw the final scoring - they scored 5th in group musicality!!  I am guessing they will be drilling their marching even harder over the next few weeks before the next competition!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps It's Fall About You, sentiment is from Cover Up
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake and Summer Starfruit CS, Pumpkin Pie and Sahara Sand dsp
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie Taffeta, Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder


14 comments:

  1. Lovely card...great colour! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aDORable fall card, Kim!! Thanks for sharing your pictures and your pride in your son! It's always heart-stirring when you have a child who literally, "marches to the beat of his own drum!" (Even if it is a sax!) I don't know him, but I'm proud of him, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim (love that background embossing) and what fabulous pics, it takes some talent to march and play at the same time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your autumn card is just lovely, and the image looks fabulous against the embossed background!
    I had to smile - my son (6'4") also played sax in the marching band and hated football, in spite of constantly being asked why he didn't try out for the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, your autumn card is so, so sweet! I love the dry-embossed background and that sweet little bow, too!

    Great pics of your son's marching band competition. You should be so proud of him! Good for him, being proud of what he does and secure in who he is...not an easy thing for today's youth! (He must come from a really good family!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a beautiful fall card!!! awesome day for your boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun image! I love the big, bold apple and leaf. And of course your coloring always makes things come to life. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge--even if I didn't even have time, lol! I love this card. And thanks for sharing your son's marching band photos. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic colours - I really love that ef, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these bright Fall colors! Kudos to your son! Marching band is probably as strenuous as football! I know you're a proud Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous layout and the perfect image for these fallish colors! So glad you were able to play along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have used such a wonderful fall stamp and I love all the texture in the background!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what awesome pics Kim! I LOVE THE LAST PIC of the side stroll~ Awesome card too~incredible images,colors and texture~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love reading these insights into your world, Kim! Feels like we have shared in the fun! The band looks fantastic! I can imagine how proud you are! Still not convinced about the new SU! In-colours! But you make them work beautifully! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely fun card, super colours. Fab pics of the band too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!