Monday, April 23, 2012

It's a Chair for #1 Dad!

This is my last week as guest designer for the Splitcoast Color Challenge and I thought this color combination was a doozy!!  (Or maybe it's just that I have been gone for a week, and then spent today dealing with everything my boys/man did not do on the list that I had left.  I haven't been thinking about cards and it definitely showed in the struggle that I had with these colors!)

The colors are Early Espresso, More Mustard and Pool Party, and the dessert is to stamp a background.  I thought "masculine" and then realized that I had a Papertrey Ink set to make my own Argyle pattern and I had never used it.


Papertrey Argyle and On My Couch


Now that I am done with it, I love the way the Pool and Mustard work together - and then a few Espresso accents to make it all stand out!  The argyle set is SO much fun - there are endless ways to put patterns together.  I wanted to leave some open space for the heart but you could also fill it with color!

My layout comes from The Paper Players:

  • Stamps: Papertrey A Little Argyle, On My Couch, Flourishes Mix-n-Match Mug (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party, More Mustard, Early Espresso
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Pool Party, More Mustard, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: EK Success border punch, Stampin' Up Early Espresso Grosgrain, Tattered Angels gold mist (on the mustard circle and the lamp), Papertrey couch dies and dark chocolate button

13 comments:

  1. Love this! Great colors and I love the little hearts at the argyle intersections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a Dad card. Love the argyle background and comfy chair for No. 1 Dad. It has a retro feel with a modern twist! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made me laugh today Kim, what on earth is a doozy! Fabulous card though, I love the argyle pattern and how you've grounded the chair with the ribbon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous guy card! And nice to see that PTI argyle pattern in action. I've hesitated to get it because I wasn't sure how easy it would be to work with but you rocked it here! May break down and try it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very trendy card Kim~I love this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your argyle looks fantastic! This is a fabulous masculine design, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the argyle and PTI's is so easy to line up isn't it!
    Great guys card...anything with a couch on would suit my hubby!, love the colours too.
    Hope you had a good trip :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't this a wonderful sketch? I love what you did with it and the colors worked so well together. I love the argyle pattern and that comfy chair. Great job on the challenges, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Kim! Adore these colors together. Your argyle background is perfect for a guy card and I love, love, love that chair set! (Shhh, I have it too, lol)! Thank you for playing with my sketch at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't this a great sketch! Love the bright colours for a masculine card! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card, Kim! I love the background you've used! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just spectacular! So mustard and pool together - I'll give it a try now because your card is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how I love this card! I don't think I would have chosen those colors to go together, but what a fun color combo! I adore the hearts in the centers of the argyle pattern. Love the image...perfect for that #1 dad who deserves to sit back and relax. The button is the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined in the fun at The Paper Players!

    ~Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!