Thursday, April 26, 2012

Graceful Calla Lily with Unscripted Sketches


He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater...


We had a very unexpected death in our congregation and it made me very aware of how low our church card "sales" racks are on sympathy cards.  There is so much comfort in sending and/or receiving lovingly handcrafted cards - I have been very focused on creating the right cards for this situation.  I haven't even taken time to post them...until today.

This incredible stamp has been sitting on my desk waiting for the perfect card.  It's beautiful, simply from an image perspective, and the words on it are so very meaningful for many situations.  It begins with "He giveth more grace as our burdens grow greater" and continues on about strength and afflictions and our Father's love and mercy.  I've imagine it beautifully colored, but somehow today's Splitcoast Ways to Use It challenge: Monochromatic Masterpieces spoke to me.


Sweet 'n Sassy

Stampin' Up had a very early In-Color called True Thyme.  When they brought back River Rock, I was very disappointed they didn't bring back True Thyme because it's the perfect monochromatic complement.  I am hoarding my True Thyme just for these situations.

I am also playing along with a challenge that I've never played before - Unscripted Sketches.  There was a piggyback challenge to this that, unfortunately, I didn't notice - use something recycled.

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Graceful Calla Lily
  • Paper: Stampin' Up True Thyme, River Rock CS and dsp (the older dsp)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up True Thyme, River Rock (sponged on edges), a few Copic accents
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Cuttlebug embossing, Nestabilities Oval (to cut the left half of the image)

17 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty Kim. Love the white Callas with Kraft. So elegant. Great textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that all one stamp, or is the flower stamped on after/before the sentiment? Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is gorgeous!!! Love the paper pieced lilies!!! So happy to see you playing at Unscripted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done monochromatic beautifully, Kim! LOVE this and the words behind the lilies are perfect for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! You certainly are right about the perfect pairing of these two colors. You have created an elegant card that is sure to comfort the recipient. Thanks for sharing it with us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kim! I love the pop of pink against those beautiful greens. True Thyme is before my SU thyme but I think I would have loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for the death in your church-that is so difficult to create for.You did a beautiful job.Thank you for your recent comment, you blessed me and made me feel like a million. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the sadness in your church. One of the young girls at our church lost her mum in a car accident last week ... so I kinda know how you feel. Glad you are able to be such a practical help to many who are mourning! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card and I know how a special card can touch a family dealing with difficult times with a death. Thanks for sharing it .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I love the colors and texture and the way you've highlighted that gorgeous calla lily with white paper. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful calla lily and butterfly to complete the triangle! The colors are perfect to make this image stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a perfect sympathy card. It's so soft, and the color combination along with the flowers gives a very peaceful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous perfect sympathy card! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about such loss, but this is a truly beautiful card, sure to delight the heart you share it with. You nailed the monochromatic and use of sketch! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches Kim. I hope you will play along with us again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how the white pops against the neutral background ... so very pretty ... and so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! Your card is lovely in every way! Simply gorgeous take on the sketch. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!