Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hopping with Sweet 'n Sassy!

Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Release Day Blog Hop!

This is a very special hop because we have the Design Divas and the Digi Team together to give you a taste of the stamp sets, digis and dies that are being released tonight!

If you started on my blog, head back to the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog to start at the beginning. 

If you came from Makiko's blog - welcome!  I know you are having a wonderful time and getting lots of great ideas.

I have two fantastic sets to show you.  They are so different, yet each so perfect for the cards that I like to create.

My first card uses God's Purpose.  The main reason that I make cards is for a church cardmaking ministry.  That's part of the reason that Sweet 'n Sassy stamps are such a great fit for me.  This set is a perfect example.  You get this sweet chickadee plus a number of sentiments - all focused on "Thinking of You". 



I used Echo Park Dots & Stripes Christmas dsp which is currently in the Sweet 'n Sassy store.  The chickadee is stamped on kraft paper and then colored with Pastels Pencils.  The berries are done with Copics and a dab of Glossy Accents...and check out the Glossy Accents on his eye!  As a final touch, each branch is covered with some Stickles "snow".

My next card uses the new set Cozy Friends.  I used the same dsp so you could see some of the other patterns.  This guy does "warm my heart"!


His fur is white Flowersoft and it looks much better IRL.  In this photo, it looks like he is shedding!!

And...I'm going to give you a bonus card!  When I am making cards for church, if I make a boy card like the last one, I always make sure I have a similar girl card.  I'm not sure whether I like the bear or the penguin better??!


I love the sentiment on this card and it definitely shows why I love Sweet 'n Sassy.  Even in a cute winter set - they are sure to include a sentiment with "blessings"!

I used Doodlebug dsp and Pink Sorbet baker's twine for this simple card.


Next on our hop is Jessica Fick.

Once you have stopped by each blog, be sure to end up back at the Sweet 'n Sassy blog and leave a comment letting us know your favorite set from what you've seen.  Tonight at the release party, we will hold a random drawing from these comments and the winner will receive the ENTIRE NOVEMBER RELEASE valued at over $130 - 6 stamp sets, 3 die sets and 11 digis!

Then...don't forget to join us tonight at 8:00PM EST in our Sweet 'n Sassy Forum over on Splitcoaststampers - we have a great release party planned!  There will be full reveals of all the stamp sets, digis and dies, plus challenges AND more prizes!!

In case there are any hiccups in our hop - here is the complete list of participants:

SNSS Blog
Kim Schofield
Sandy Domelle
Ceal Pritchett
Mary Faus
Janette Olen
Makiko Jones
Kim Singdahlsen  - YOU ARE HERE!
Jessica Fick
Stephanie Wright
Dina Kowal
Holly McMillen
Carol Longacre
Taylor Usry
Cathy McCauley
Margo Smith
Bridget Finlay
Harriet Skelly
Monika Davis
Korin Sutherland

Happy hopping!!!! See you TONIGHT at the party!



FYI: The polar bear card uses The Sweet Stop Sketch for this week from the Sweet 'n Sassy Challenge blog.


44 comments:

  1. What an adorable bunch of cards! I love the details on each one but I have to say that the polar bear is just way too cute with the fuzzy texture he has! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL of these, but the bright colors on the third one totally rock! So fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been very busy and your efforts show with these 3 charming cards! I'm hard pressed to choose a favorite because they're all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both of those cozy friends!!! they are too cute! Awesome cards, the third one is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwww, the snowman is so cute! Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim - Welcome to the team!! Love your creations, they're all so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful mix of colors, patterns, and textures on each of these fabulous cards, Kim! Love the flower soft on the cozy friends cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! All cards are super fabulous! The Flowersoft is such a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cards are so adorable!

    love the different looks and colours with their great style!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards! The layouts are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards with great colors. I loving those images, they are just too cute. Wonderful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love your cards! The gold on the edges of the branch on the bird card is beautiful! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are fabulous, Kim, you're a wonderful addition to the SNSS design team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards. And you are right, they are perfect for anyone and for people in your church. We are ministers and you have just helped me out a lot. Thank you for the idea and blessings to you.
    Hugs Cathy K
    http://cathyshappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the cards but I have to say my favorite is your first card with the chickadee!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your cards Kim and I think the chickadee is my favorite! So glad to see you on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects. I like how you added the light blue line of shading on the bear and penguin. Pretty cool projects! Love the new images.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the color choices on all 3 cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card I have to say the chickadee one is my favorite love the warmth of it

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have done a great job on all your cards. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the chickadee - and of course the polar bear and the penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Three very nice cards. I love that bird image and boy your Glassy Accents on his eye really does stand out. The other two cards are simply adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are terrific! I especially love your chickadee card - they are my favorite birds. I love the soft fluff you added to the snowman and the bright pretty colors of your penguin card too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your first card is just beautiful with that lovely image.
    The next two are as cute as can be. Love that penguin.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow lovely cards!! Each so different!!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kim your cards are FABULOUS! I love all the texture in your polar bear card and the fun colors of your penguin card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards! I love the pink penguin card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards rock! You're clearly inspired by your heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely cards Kim. The bird looks really nice on Kraft. Fun colors and textures on the other cards. Love the Flowersoft! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous design and love the bird card!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your penguin card rocks Kim! Love it. The other two are pretty cute too btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, I didn't even realize you used our sketch this week! Again, fabulous card(s). The colors are awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. great cards. Love the added flower soft.millierose651@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute cute cute....love how you used the flowersoft for texture, Lol re the shedding comment!
    The bird looks great coloured on the Kraft and such a sweet sentiment too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ohhh these are FABULOUS!! I LOVE the chickadee on kraft - brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love both your cards. The added flower soft looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMGoodenss! These are all so Darned CUTE!! Love your Festive choice of dp's and all the Fab SNS images too! so glad you could play along with us at The Sweet Stop this week! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous cards, Kim. I love that chickadee, one of my favorite little birds, and the bright, happy penguin card is another favorite. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tough call between the bear and the penguin. They are both pretty darn cute! And I love the flowersoft!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!