Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches: A Sweet Holiday

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Narelle and here’s what I did with it!

Sweet Holiday


I have and have used multiple times the Stampin' Up Gingerbread dies.  When I got them, I talked myself into getting the paper too, but I was really buying the paper for one particular patterned piece.  What a splurge to buy an entire paper pack for one pattern, so I promised myself I would absolutely use at least two other pieces of the paper.  Here's one of the pieces - the ornaments and the starbursts are cut out from one of the patterns.  (Which is kind of a neat concept to have dies that match the paper and then have that much detail from one die cut!)

Sweet Holiday

The sad part of this whole story? The paper on the sides is the paper that I wanted and this is the first time that I've used it - and even now, only a tiny bit on the sides.  Ugh.  I have to stop justifying my purchases.

What I didn't get in this Stampin' Up suite of products is the stamps so I did have to use a Lawn Fawn stamp for the "sweet holiday".

I hope to see you playing along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Lawn Fawn Shutter Card Holiday Settings

Dies: Stampin' Up Gingerbread Dies, Rectangle Stitched Framelits (re-sized)

Paper: Stampin' Up Gingerbread & Peppermint

Other: Glitter dots from Stampin' Up Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots (red), Glitter Enamel Dots (olive)

5 comments:

  1. This is so festive and pretty! I had to laugh when I saw that we had used the same suite for this challenge. And then I had to laugh when I read that you didn't buy the stamp set -- I didn't either. I have just been cutting out the dsp with my paper snips. And like you, I have a lot of paper left. Have a wonderful Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every pretty little thing about this card! Thanks for a wonderful year of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ornaments and starburst are wonderful! The trio of colors blend perfectly together and I love the matching edges too! Simply elegant and beautiful and a wonderful take on this sketch! Your purchase is justified :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I can't believe that is just the paper. However, I can say that I have bought a pack just for one pattern too! And then the rest just sits. :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I resisted this suite and every time I see a card using it I love it! And in the spirit of all honesty I have bought DSP more than once just for a single pattern.....lol...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!