Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Card Concept: Wrapped in Love & Joy

There’s a new inspiration challenge at The Card Concept and the theme is Rustic Holiday. My Clean and Layered card was inspired by the warm and rustic colors, patterns and textures.

11.17.21 CC side


With the inspiration in mind, I paged through my not-yet-used Christmas stash and quickly decided these trees were just right.  They are from an older Stampin' Up set but are still in the catalog.

Because of the wide variety of patterns and textures in the inspiration photo, I decided to use three of the trees for variety on my card. Then since I tend toward clean and fresh cards, having that much pattern in the trees led me to a simple white woodgrain background.  I just got this tag set and realized one of the sentiments from the stamp set fit so it seemed a perfect base to my trees!

11.17.21 CC

Using them had an important side-purpose too.  This is a Stampin' Up set and it uses a punch and punches take lots of space and I'm totally out of room in my not-yet-used Christmas stash box and using this today frees up some room for some new shopping.  Whew!

I hope to see you playing along with us at The Card Concept!

SUPPLY LIST
Stamps: Stampin' Up Perfectly Plaid
Punch: Stampin' Up Pine Tree Punch, Tailor Made Tag dies
Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Cinnamon Cider, Garden Green
Ink: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Cinnamon Cider, Garden Green
Other: Stampin' Up Simply Elegant Trim (the gold for the tag), Gold Glitter Enamel Dots and Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! I've been having commenting issues for the past few days, I haven't forgotten you! Beautiful cards, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so perfectly Christmas! And I love the way you organize your stash....always room for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card design with the colorful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Kim - such a great way to combine the various tree patterns, you make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!