Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches: oh frap!

Edited to add: This is last week's sketch. Be sure to check out 
the Freshly Made Sketches blog for the newest sketch.

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by Jen Mitchell.


I like the quirky look of the angled panel so I decided I needed to add another card to my stash for my college student.  I had this "oh frap!" that I hadn't used and it seemed like the perfect fit.

FMS Oh Frap

I then went looking for a coffee cup (or a frappuccino mug!)  I almost hit a roadblock there.  Most of mine were either too big for the card or they were too "nice" for the sentiment. I finally saw this very old set by Papertrey Ink.  It also has cute little swirls of steam and my original card used them until I remembered that frappuccinos are cold.  Bummer, because it was a nice design element.

I hope to see you playing along!

SUPPLY LIST

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Warm Happiness (I think it's retired)
Dies: Stamplorations Oh Frap, PTI Warm Happiness, Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Woodgrain and Stitched Squares
Cardstock: PTI Tropical Teal, Dark Chocolate
Ink: PTI Tropical Teal, Summer Sunrise, Taylored Expressions Sugar Cube
Other: Doodlebug Glitter Dots Bumblebee

12 comments:

  1. Adorable! I really like the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sentiment is perfect for the angles on this card! So fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me smile! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute take on the sketch Kim and I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son is going to love this! Great colors and a fun take on the sketch, too! That stitched woodgrain looks perfect on that base. Interest without too much froo-froo! I really do like this card. Yep! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frantastic card! Bold colors and coffee...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cups are adorable! This clueless non-coffee drinker would have totally loved steaming cups of frappuccino. Coffee lingo is a foreign language to me but I can smile at this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sentiment! It's perfect for a multitude of reasons! I love this card. The colors, the stitched woodgrain, and the "steamless" mugs all make one fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kim! I love this card! That sentiment is hilarious! Love those little cups and the fabulous colours! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this card and the sentiment that goes with it. And I have to add that your cup in the background really tickled me - I have a daughter that LOVES foxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I love it! I have smiled every time I've seen your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!