I have to admit that I was reading about this challenge while I was in the mountains (re: an earlier post about lack of a working furnace in my home) and I must have misread it. On my way home from the mountains, I stopped by Archivers and was hunting for something "rusted" so I found metal embellishments that I liked. They do have a "rustic" look, right? Plus, although I didn't notice it at the time, both of the dsps that I chose have a wood look to them. So, I'm calling it a done deal!!
Lace and rustic is not my normal style (that's why they call them challenges, right?) so I did rely on two different sketch challenge...then I didn't have to focus on that creative element also.
My first card is for my dear friend in hospice. She lives right smack dab in the middle of the Black Hills of South Dakota. Have you ever looked at a map of a National Forest or Park and seen one little patch of private land - that's my girlfriend! So the lace and "rustic" were a perfect combo for her:
Funny story - I was writing this post, feeling OK but not great about this card. I brought up Try Stampin' on Tuesday and realized there was a piggyback challenge to use red. The card that I had at that point included a blue bird - I had photoed and edited the card for this post but was feeling like something was missing - it was a bit dull. I saw the "red" and knew a little red bird would add a vibrancy that was missing. Here's the original - you be the judge!
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink Larkspur (sentiment)
- Paper: Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Core-dinations blue, My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally Curious Plank Paper
- Ink: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Chamomile Vintage Touch
- Accessories: graphic 45 Metal Butterfly, MME Follow Your Heart Be Amazing Twine, misc lace
Bird on a Post
- Stamps: Elzybells (this company is gone, but Elisabeth Bell designs for other companies and has digis!)
- Paper: Stampin' Up Blue Bayou, Soft Suede, TPC Studio Woodland Winter Snowflake Stripe
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, Stampin' Up Soft Sky (just sponged on the edges of the white)
- Accessories: Tim Holtz Christmas Muse Tokens, Spellbinders Label die, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (on Suede scallops), misc lace, ribbon and twine