Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Technostamper with Colors by SCS

The Splitcoast Color Challenge included fall colors with "Thanksgiving" being the dessert option.  I really have needed to to add Thanksgiving cards to our church card stash - so I selected this angel then realized this week's Technostamper Sketch Challenge would work very well!




I have seen a number of bloggers recently refer to Thanksgiving as the forgotten holiday.  One blogger is even challenging us to increase the number of Thanksgiving cards we send as it truly is a meaningful holiday - much more than just a delicious meal.  I was looking at our church card racks - I saw racks of Halloween cards, I knew that I had a many dozens of Christmas cards, but I only havea handful of Thanksgiving cards.  Something is wrong with that picture - so hopefully you will see a few more coming from me!

  • Stamps: Stampendous angel, sentiment by Rubber Moon
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Tangerine, Suede, Vanilla, Haiku dsp
  • Ink: Memento brown, Stampin' Up Soft Suede, copics
  • Accessories: Nestabilities narrow oval and scalloped oval, Stampin' Up Suede ribbon and Playground buttons, Smooch Pearlized Top Coat, Copper Stickles
Technostamper is that fun challenge that allows me to include other entrants on my blog.  You can learn so much by viewing what others have done with the same challenge.  Remember that if you want to enter you do have to go to the actual blog!


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim, beautiful autumn colours. We don`t celebrate thankgiving in the uk, we have harvest festival but it`s so low key no one bothers much and yet it`s such an important time of year.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Kim! :) Love all the details on the angel...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Thanksgiving angel Kim! I've never sent Thanksgiving cards but it is a good time to let those special people know how much they mean in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in OZ ... but I think it is a wonderful event. I agree ... it is good to remember all the blessings we have. So ... I will be looking forward to your creations! This is so pretty. I always seem to avoid oval & circle type sketches. I am such a chicken! I don't have oval (or circle) dies ... and I am lazy about cutting circles with my circle cutter. But ... I do like this sketch ... so perhaps I need to play along this time??? Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, you card is gorgeous! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. I think it is such a wonderful time of sharing food, no gift buying stress, taking stock in your joys and blessings. Your card captures the season perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. What a fabulous Fall Card. It was a perfect image for the oval. Wonderfully done. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!