Monday, January 25, 2016

Taylored Expressions: One & Only You

I love word dies with coordinating stamp sets because you can easily get by with the stamp, the die and maybe a few sequins or other embellishments.  For this card I am using Taylored Expression' You & Only You Stamp & Die Combo because it has just the right sentiment for a sweet young lady.

TE One & Only You

I fell in love with that background paper, but it's a bit busier than I am used to using. I was going to plop the sentiment on a tag or stitched label, but then I remembered this speech bubble and thought it would add extra interest.  It's called Pockets & Pages - 3x4 Bubble In.  I cut one speech bubble in gray, then the pink which I offset slightly for a shadow effect to make it stand out from the busy background. I cut the top layer in a white woodgrain paper, then trimmed the bubble out leaving just the frame.

TE One & Only You CloseUp

I think it's going to send the right message!

SUPPLY LIST

6 comments:

  1. Love the mix of patterned papers there Kim! I am not very good at mixing and matching pp's but you have managed it creatively! Love it! Have a great week! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love the colorcombo, the grey tunes it down a bit, gives it a more balanced feel. The speechbubble is a great way to have your sentiment stand out, love the effect you created with the offset way you adhered it onto the card. The tiny wooden stars and translucent sequins add a little extra, just like the little bow, which gives it a feminine touch, ha, ha.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hope the recipient ( this special young lady) will love your card as much as we do!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colors Kim, this is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo sweet, Kim....I just love how you used the sentiment and the mix of papers looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!