Monday, December 28, 2015

Punny Love - I Love You a Watt

Christmas is over - sad, but also a bit of a relief when it comes to cardmaking.  I do love making Christmas cards and you'll probably see some on my blog as soon as January as I get a head start for next year. But it is a very nice change to pull out different colors and different images.  I went as far as possible with this card - yellows, grays and a light bulb!!!

TE Love You a Watt

I just recently got this Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate (planning ahead so I can CASE Jen Shult's amazing Easter card.)  But I didn't want to use it for just one Easter card and I knew that I'd love it with this little light bulb!

TE Love You a Watt

I coated the light bulb with glossy accents. Then I added a variety of yellow, grays and patterned paper to make my rays.

It was a little fiddly to cut all of those rays (I'm cheap and I didn't want to cut entire pieces of cardstock to get just a few rays), but it was fun!!

SUPPLY LIST


9 comments:

Nora N. said...

Oh WOW!! This is genius!! I love how you combined that background die with the fun lightbulb. The yellows and grays look FABULOUS together too!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Too fun!!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so cute and creative! Nice job!

Lisa said...

I like your sunburst of yellow and grays, this is terrific Kim!!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love this, Kims! What a terrific design in every way!! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Cindy Beach said...

I know just how you feel about card making after Christmas. LOVE this! A bright and fun design!

Christy Q said...

How fun is this!! I have the same plate and never saw Jen Shult's card before - I'm definitely bookmarking it so I can CASE it as well!!

cm said...

I hear you about the Christmas cards; I'm ready for something different, too...for a while! Your yellow/greys light bulb card...sorry, but I just have to: I like is a WATT! Fabulous, Kim; sheer and complete fabulous!
~c

lifesabeach32940 said...

OMG!! This card is AWESOME!! You are SO CLEVER!! I LOVE the inspiration!!