Thursday, April 10, 2014

Addicted to CAS: Just Roll With It

Mid-afternoon today, I only had one more thing to do for school this week (yay!) - watch a YouTube video on auditing (boo!).  Then I realized that the video was 2 hours long (double boo!).  BUT...it turned out that the "video" was all talking with a few PowerPoint slides so I didn't actually have to watch - I could listen while I happened to be sitting at my craft desk (double yay!!)

So...what to work on?  I need to re-stock my stash of cards for my guys.  When they have great days or hard days, I like to have something ready.  Lately - given they are both teenagers - there seem to be more hard days than I good, and I am getting very low on cards of encouragement.

I've also had this fun Paper Smooches set calling my name.  "Scooters" isn't a set that I would normally get, but I saw this card and fell in love. ( Be sure you take time to click on that link, I promise that the card will make you grin!)  I don't actually have the cat.  It was in my cart but by the time I got the dies too, that's an expensive purchase to CASE one card!  I thought I'd try a Chubby Chum on the scooter.  I like it, but I think the cat set will go back on my wishlist because that guy's grin will lift anybody's day!

Just Roll With It

I did change this Chubby Chum up a bit.  I cut off one of his ears that was hanging down, then added a different ear so it appeared to be flapping in the wind.

My inspiration for finally creating this card is this week's Addicted to CAS.


And of course, I will add it to this week's Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge.


  • Stamps: Paper Smooches Scooters, Chubby Chums
  • Paper: Lily Bee Design We Are Family 6x6, MFT Nightshift Blue, SU Poppy Parade, PTI Ocean Tides
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Versamark
  • Accessories: Paper Smooches Scooters, Chubby Chumbs and Word Bubbles dies, PTI Ocean Tides button, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Hemptique 10-lb white twine, misc enamel dots





23 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

This is AWESOME, Kim! Love how you changed up the ear on the dog! And that sentiment is perfect for an encouragement card!!! You are a rock star mom!!! Those are some lucky guys in your household!!!

Lisa said...

I should just copy and paste Lisa's comment in this box!! I agree completely!! CUTE card Kim!

Wida said...

Fun card for a kid of any age!

Happy Dance said...

What a fun card, and sure to make even a teenager having a tough day, smile! Perfect dp, and wow!, your coloring is killer great! Just love this. Bev

Shannon J said...

Totally awesome, Kim! Love how you changed up the ear...brilliant! And love that you keep a stash of cards on hand to lift your boys' spirits! What an awesome Mom you are!

Deborah Frings said...

What a fantastic image - a great card for your guys!

Linda Callahan said...

This pooch is adorable! Cute card!

Cornelia W said...

Hilarious! Plastic surgery for ears :)

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute! Just the perfect card for a guy.

Deepti said...

Superb idea!! So bright and fun, definitely a mood cheering card :)

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE it!!!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! A definite pick-me-up card!

Karen M said...

Your card really made me smile - I love his ears flapping in the wind:) xx

cm said...

Your ear-flapping, scooter-navigating, PS pup is absolutely wonderful; perfect for cheering up your boys! Awesome mom for keeping your guys spirits lifted!
c

baileyrosy.com said...

Not only a fabulous and fun card but ear surgery too and I can't even see the join, do you do botox !!! Thanks so much for sharing this dare devil guy with us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

baileyrosy.com said...

Not only a fabulous and fun card but ear surgery too and I can't even see the join, do you do botox !!! Thanks so much for sharing this dare devil guy with us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card, and great fun! Perfect for the Boys!
Thanks for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia.

Mary Muller said...

AWESOME!!

Nora N. said...

Cute, cute, cute!! I love the colors and the fun word balloon!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I loooooooooooove everything about this card! LOVE the design and papers-- love your coloring! LOVE that pup on the scooter! ACK! So fuN! THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge;)

Hope you play along with us this week for our Picture Perfect challenge <3

Stacey Schafer said...

totally LOVE this! what fun!!

Jenny said...

I love this... he really looks like a speed demon!!!
Brilliant how you've changed the position of his ears to give the impression of speed :0)

Kristie W. said...

I love this card, Kim!! It is sooo cute!!!!