Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thank You Secret Santa!!

Our wonderful leader from the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, Stacey Schafer (check out her blog at Stacey's Stamping Stage), is always thinking of her design team: making sure we are having fun and aren't overworked, coming up with exciting sponsors, and bonding us together as a team and as friends. For the holidays - we had Secret Santas.  It was so exciting in the midst of all of the hustle-and-bustle and no-time-for-cards to have a surprise package of goodies show up.

My surprise package came from Jessica at Homespun Elegance.  Check out my new stash!!


I love the mix of pinks and florals and vintage prints along with the kraft and burlap and wood veneer! Thank you Jessica!

I challenged myself on my first card to be a little more vintage than I typically am - and I really, really like how it turned out!  These aren't products which are typically in my stash - but I am so glad to have them!! 

Special Days

For a second card, the burlap/kraft/wood side of the gift was absolutely perfect for my true need today.  It is my youngest son's birthday tomorrow - he turns 14.  What he really wanted to do was go to our place in the mountains, but it just isn't going to work with all of our schedules.  We are going for New Year's Eve so it isn't like he has to wait too long. And he has been totally bribed with a birthday trip to his favorite sushi place - so he's OK.  But I saw the wood veneer trees in Jessica's gift and the kraft tags and the brown stickers and decided that I could bring a little mountain atmosphere to my son's birthday card!

Happy 14th


Thank you again Jessica. I love my gift!  And thank you, Stacey, for coming up with these fun events. (She's already set up a Valentine surprise - so there's more to come!)

15 comments:

  1. These are fabulous, Kim!! Love the "love" word ont eh first one and the EF you used and those wood veneer trees are amazing!! Love that card and I'm sure he will too :) Three cheers for sushi and a happy birthday to your son! LOVE the stuff and we have an all you can eat place we hit regularly that I wish I could take you to - it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage might not be your normal style, but you totally nailed it! So fun that you were able to stretch yourself using your Secret Santa gift. And a very happy 14th to your son! Hope your family has a wonderful time "in the woods" over New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely amazing, Kim! Your mojo is running strong....send some to me:) Love your feminine and masculine take with your Secret Santa goodies! Thanks so much for the sweet words, too, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got busy fast Kim! I agree with Stacey, your mojo is running strong. These are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these cards, which seem to be more of my style. How great to get a gift of crafty supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet idea to do secret Santas! Love what you've done with your stash...I'm always intimidated with using goodies that I don't normally use, or creating a look outside of my comfort zone, but you have totally aced these! I LOVE the vintage card you did - you pulled it off beautifully! And those veneer trees are to die for! Fab idea to use them for your son's birthday and upcoming adventure!! Happy birthday wishes to him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vintage card is amazing ... way to go using your new goodies! Your son's card is stunning ... rustic, natural and rather perfect! Happy New Year ... Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning! Your vintage creation is so pretty...it's obvious that you can tackle any style with success!! Jessica is do sweet and generous too. Hope you had a great Christmas and that 2014 is amazing!! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim...what a wonderful package of card making goodies! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing cards, Kim!! You did an awesome job on your vintage creation along with a fab masculine card for your son. Have fun with all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Considering that vintage is not ur style... you did wonders on ur first card and the second... brilliant. Have a very Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim OMGOOOOOODNESS!! I am just getting online after the holidays and I AM SO inspired by what you made!! You are such a talented woman!

    xoxoxo

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!