Monday, November 11, 2013

Stampin' Royalty and Freshly Made: Oh What Fun! NOT!!!

This card stretched me - probably a bit too much!  I'm not overly comfortable with Summer Starfruit - per my rant on yesterday's post - and I'm not real thrilled with my use of the sketch.  Does "Oh What Fun" apply for me in making this card?  NOT!  But that's what challenges are for, right?  So you get to see the results of my stretching!

Oh what fun

The colors are from Stampin' Royalty.


The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches.


I've used Summer Starfruit twice now.  Now I can set it aside and continue to ignore it!!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Festive Flurry, Christmas Messages
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Chocolate Chip
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Raspberry Ripple, Project Life Midnight Edition (the stripe)
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Festive Flurries dies, Heat and Stick Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, Neat & Tangled sequins

18 comments:

  1. Lovely glittery-ness, Kim ... the sentiment is so perfectly nestled in between the DP border ... fab! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Kim...looks awfully pretty here!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you stretched it out perfectly! The colors are great and i love where you put the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautimous to me! Love the glitter on the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I'm not a big fan of Summer Starfruit either, you've really used it well on this card. A small perfect touch and surrounded by the other colors and the white is perfect. And the dab of sequins and bling...nice!! Great card, and I do like the sentiment you've used. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty good to me Kim, love the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kim! And those colors are awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you had your glasses prescription checked lately?!! Because this is gorgeous!!! I for one, love it, and I suspect everyone else will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think it's absolutely fabulous! I do like the colours and the sparkle in the snwoflake! And that sentiment is such fun! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may not have had fun making it, but I think it's gorgeous! Great job with all of the elements and combining the two challenges. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made a Summer Starfruit fan out of me, Kim! This is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it is a perfect use of this sketch and I love everything about this card! I am sorry you didn't have fun making this card becauseI certainly enjoy looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim
    Love this card.... And the message is fabulous.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim, this card is great! Funny how the ones we have the least fun creating are the cards that turn out the best ~ at least, sometimes! You may not be thrilled with it but I think it is a winner! I've pinned it, along with the sketch, which I think is a winner too. Thanks for sharing!
    Barbara in South Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snowflakes, glitter - yes, oh, what fun!! Your card, despite its stretching effect on you - looks mighty stunning from where I'm sitting! If my 'experiment' cards turned out as lovely as yours, I'd be delighted! Knockout!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Your Summer Starfruit card got a nice HM from FMS!! Way to go girl! You should 'stretch' more often. Happy dancin' for you. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  17. So festive and elegant!
    And sparkly too! :-)

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!