Sunday, November 24, 2013

Seize the Sketch and Merry Monday: Merry Penguins

Whew!

Card done in 16 minutes.  (That's really, really short for me - thus the reason I have never participated in the 10 minute challenges!)

One minute to spare when I got this up and uploaded to Seize the Sketch.  I posted and now I am writing the words!  (Sorry for you Feedly users - I don't think it updates so you just got a pix!!)

And the photo is a little dark - but that's what happens with one minute to spare!

Merry Christmas Penguin


It's a great sketch - I love the panel that hangs off the edges a little bit - plus it was designed by my good friend Stacey Schafer.  She's got more creativity than I could ever dream of having - I keep hoping some will rub off.  {Sigh!}  For now, I'll just content myself with playing along with her sketch!

I also managed to Heat & Stick and glitter it so I'll also be posting this to Papertrey's Make It Monday challenge!  
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Tremendous Treats: Christmas
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Stampin' Up Marina Mist, MME Mistletoe Magic 6x6
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow (sentiment), Versamark
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Tremendous Treats Christmas die, Stampin' Up Heat and Stick Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, My Favorite Things snowflake die

20 comments:

  1. 16 minutes ... wow! This is so cute, Kim ... love the glitter and the sweet little penguin! Feedly ... didn't get the photo on it's own, I got the whole post. Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to squeak the winning card in with just a minute to spare!! This is totally adorable! What a darling little penguin, with his paper pieced scarf. Just love this!!!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that penguin is so adorable!!! I think it would take me 16 hours to make this! You are amazing doing it in 16 mins!! I'm bowing at your feet!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Adorable Kim! Love all the details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable :) love his paper pieced scarf :)
    so glad you joined us on STS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word that little penguin is adorable.. super cute card..

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAY cute, Kim! so glad you snuck your card into the STS gallery at the last minute! it is ADORABLE! i snuck some glitter paper in my cart today, so maybe I can make my cards sparkle like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card!!! Love the sweet little penguin and the glitter accents are absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card! love the papers and the glittery strip. ♥ adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, ha, visiting your blog is always a good start of the day!
    Well unfortunately I didn't have much time this morning so I had to postphone it to this afternoon.
    And it's sure worth the wait for me.
    Great great card and soooooo darn cute!
    love that sweet penguin!
    And the sketch is fab indeed!
    And as for creativity, you're unique yourself And I'm always amazed by your cards and great sense of humour!
    I always leave your blog uplifted and with a smile! :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute card, Kim! Love all the glitter and that adorbs penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How super adorable is this!!! Love that little penguin! Awesome card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable! So glad you got it posted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sixteen minutes for this adorable card: I'm joining Shannon with the bowing! Fabulous card! Love, love and love!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only sixteen minutes for all that cuteness? I'd hate to see what you could do in 10. It would be marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. super fun, love all the glitz!
    Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim...this is about as cute as they come. I love your sweet little penguin, so fun with all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!