Friday, November 8, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Stamps and Caring Hearts Card Drive: Dear Santa

This is my first post as part of the Fresh Squeezed Stamps design team and I get the extra thrill of posting on the day that Fresh Squeezed is part of the Caring Hearts Card Drive blog hop.  The Caring Hearts Card Drive collects holiday cards to provide some cheer for the elderly who live in nursing homes in the U.S. and Canada.  

NOTE: I am not actually on the hop list - Fresh Squeezed is on the list. I just got the privilege of creating the card!!  The hop itself goes through Fresh Squeezed Stamps so please be sure to head over there to do the hop!

I went back and forth over this card.  I looked at my newly-growing Fresh Squeezed collection and, although I dearly love the new set, Hello December, I was worried it might be too snarky and too trendy for a nursing home.  But it was pointed out to me that, for the right person (with a sense of humor!), there might be no one who would more like to erase the last year of their lives and have a do-over than someone dealing with a move to a nursing home.

Dear Santa

I used two other Fresh Squeezed Stamps to create the top page of stationery.  The tree in the corner is part of a holiday tag from Holiday Tag-Alongs.  To add the decorative edging, I used the striped stamp from Background Check, stamping above and below the tag.

The "Dear Santa" is separate from the rest of the sentiment and there are other add-ons.  Next on my list is a similar card for one of my teenagers that uses the "Dear Santa" with "I can explain"!!!

Be sure to check out Fresh Squeezed Stamps and the Caring Hearts Drive Blog Hop.

  • Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps Hello December, Holiday Tag-Alongs, Background Check
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Real Red and Garden Green, Avery Elle woodgrain
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red and Garden Green, Papertrey Ink Pineforest, Old Paper Distress Ink (along the edges of the stationery)
  • Accessories: Queen & Co. Christmas twine, misc gold star.

11 comments:

  1. This is awesome Kim! What a GREAT CAS card! Fun colors and awesome stamps!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Like how you curled the edge of the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple yet so effective, and funny, too. I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cheeky-ness! And trust me, many of the "old folks" have crazy senses of humour! I think it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful as always,Kim! And i am pretty sure,whoever get's this card will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a genius Kim, using the tree as a stamp, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim I love the way you used this stamp set, you were made for FSS stamps. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, and I soooo much love the sentiment you used!
    This could've been my list for Santa, ha, ha!
    Great fun!
    Bye,

    marjolein

    ps. Love these traditional colors for Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and fun card...love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply outstanding, Kim! Love your partial use of the Christmas labels! The way you stamped the sentiment with a tilted design is SUPERB!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!